Light-O-Rama Forums

Trying to upgrade

Big Fat Daddy

I would like to upgrade from Basic plus S4 to S4 pro.  In trying to do so,  it wants to upgrade me to S5 pro and I do not want to use S5.  Please help.

• 3 weeks later...

Tom,

The license level Advanced vs Pro has no relationship to which software version you are using.  So you can have a S4 Pro.

On 1/7/2021 at 12:01 AM, Big Fat Daddy said:

I would like to upgrade from Basic plus S4 to S4 pro.  In trying to do so,  it wants to upgrade me to S5 pro and I do not want to use S5.  Please help.

That's strange.  When I upgraded my license from Basic Plus to Advanced {highest level available at the time}, I was using S2 and S3 was going to be coming out soon, it just upgraded my CURRENTLY USED software suie, it never asked me if I wanted to install the latest version {which I could have done, but I'd have go to the download page, locate the version I wanted, download, then install it.  When the Pro license came about, and I eventually saved up the funds to move into it, I did.  I don't recall the exact version I was using, but think it was an early version of S4 {can't recall if Pro was available prior to S4}, but I just upgraded my license level and the next time I opened the software, my Advanced was now showing Pro.  As far as I recall I didn't have to do anything, as the license number remains the same, only the level of the license changes when upgrading.   I don't recall if I had to re-register the software to get the upgraded license to go into effect, but I may have had to do that.  I'm thinking I probably did re-register, but that's easy to do.

There is no reason to upgrade from the current LOR suite version you're using just because you upgrade your license level.  Everything should remain as is on a license upgrade.  And as long as your license covers any future upgrades to a specific point, you can always move to a new LOR Version of the software, your license transfers to each upgrade automatically for the most part.   On rare occasion, I've had to enter my license on a new upgrade of the LOR software suite, but that is very rare.

3 minutes ago, Orville said:

That's strange.  When I upgraded my license from Basic Plus to Advanced {highest level available at the time}, I was using S2 and S3 was going to be coming out soon, it just upgraded my CURRENTLY USED software suie, it never asked me if I wanted to install the latest version {which I could have done, but I'd have go to the download page, locate the version I wanted, download, then install it.  When the Pro license came about, and I eventually saved up the funds to move into it, I did.  I don't recall the exact version I was using, but think it was an early version of S4 {can't recall if Pro was available prior to S4}, but I just upgraded my license level and the next time I opened the software, my Advanced was now showing Pro.  As far as I recall I didn't have to do anything, as the license number remains the same, only the level of the license changes when upgrading.   I don't recall if I had to re-register the software to get the upgraded license to go into effect, but I may have had to do that.  I'm thinking I probably did re-register, but that's easy to do.

There is no reason to upgrade from the current LOR suite version you're using just because you upgrade your license level.  Everything should remain as is on a license upgrade.  And as long as your license covers any future upgrades to a specific point, you can always move to a new LOR Version of the software, your license transfers to each upgrade automatically for the most part.   On rare occasion, I've had to enter my license on a new upgrade of the LOR software suite, but that is very rare.

The question was long ago answered.

We don't need to be adding unnecessary stuff to a resolved thread.