Light-O-Rama Forums

Original CCR replacement options.

prevue12

2 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

The original CCR's were LPD6803 so just find a place that sells them.

https://www.superlightingled.com/lpd6803-ic-programmable-led-strips-c-5_27.html

So much for me being smarter than your average bear. I didn't think they were made period, thanks Mr. P.  That is worth an order to find out. 

4 minutes ago, prevue12 said:

So much for me being smarter than your average bear. I didn't think they were made period, thanks Mr. P.  That is worth an order to find out. 

That's okay, even I need help every now and then 🤣🤣🤣

Once again, the LOR store layout is strange.  I found the Pixie2 (standalone) at the bottom of the RTG page, and not included on the controller page.

trans_1x1.gif
trans_1x1.gif
Cosmic Color Controller II ( CCC-II )Cosmic Color Controller II ( CCC-II )trans_1x1.gifCosmic Color Controller II ( CCC-II ) can be used with any of LOR's 12 volt pixels, bulbs or ribbons.
trans_1x1.gif
$119.95

I

42 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Once again, the LOR store layout is strange.  I found the Pixie2 (standalone) at the bottom of the RTG page, and not included on the controller page.

trans_1x1.gif
trans_1x1.gif
Cosmic Color Controller II ( CCC-II )Cosmic Color Controller II ( CCC-II )trans_1x1.gifCosmic Color Controller II ( CCC-II ) can be used with any of LOR's 12 volt pixels, bulbs or ribbons.
trans_1x1.gif
$119.95

I'm going to order one replacement using LPD6803  info, 35-45 dollars for a replacement beats, starting over for several times more. Ordered one, will see how it works, then get more if its okay. I have almost a year to figure it out! :) 

I have 2 original CCRs that I purchased in 2009 and the original ribbons failed in 2018. I replaced the ribbons with what was called "5M 6803 IC 5050 150LED RGB strips" that I bought on Ebay. Just do search and you will find them. I did have to cut the wires to attach the new strip with original CCR plug and I had to change the controller to BRG in the hardware editor. they work great and have been working perfect since 2018. 

• Like 2

That's one way of doing it. It's a lot easier to use the hardware editor and configure the controller to the correct color setup. The channel by channel method in the video could take some time if you have multiple ribbons to flip colors. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2021 at 8:56 PM, prevue12 said:

I

I'm going to order one replacement using LPD6803  info, 35-45 dollars for a replacement beats, starting over for several times more. Ordered one, will see how it works, then get more if its okay. I have almost a year to figure it out! :) 

Let me know how those work out as I am thinking of using them to build a matrix and could use some spares for my CCR tree

thanks

• 1 year later...
On 1/5/2021 at 3:38 PM, Mr. P said:

The original CCR's were LPD6803 so just find a place that sells them.

https://www.superlightingled.com/lpd6803-ic-programmable-led-strips-c-5_27.html

I do need to replace two original CCR's (I have a 12CCR tree) - Has anyone used these as replacement and can comment on the "Normal Bright/High  Bright" option ?  I am guessing I have to cut/re-attach the LOR end connectors to the newer ribbon - 

I've ordered replacements I think two years ago?, I just had to solder on LOR ends (I was able to order some from them) and adjust the RGB order in software.