Light-O-Rama Forums

8 Ten Watt Flood Help

james morris

I need someone that has a alphipex 16 with the holiday coro dumb flood kit hook up to it E131 to make sure I have it configure right

I have a alphapix standard  16 alphapix pixel controler I wired in a  dumb rgb 30 channel controler to the alphapix 16 with cat5 data cable you use two of the cats orange and orange white wire to alphapix 16 then plug the other in rgb controler 

James had PMed me about it, but I could not help.  It's a 30 channel Holiday Coro DMX DC controller (similar concept to a CMB24 except 30 channels and DMX based), and that is being driven by a AlphaPix 16 that is operating as a E1.31 bridge.  I have no experience with either one.

I got the setup done now i need to know if I need to set the dip switches for my output or is that not needed

So you have an E1.311 Alphapix pixel controller, then you have a DMX DC board hanging off of that. I don't know the board, but most DMX controllers will have you set the dipswitches to the start channel (1-512). Unless you have multiples of these things in a daisy chain this is going to be 1. Or in binary "0000000001" :)

7 minutes ago, jstorms said:

So you have an E1.311 Alphapix pixel controller, then you have a DMX DC board hanging off of that. I don't know the board, but most DMX controllers will have you set the dipswitches to the start channel (1-512). Unless you have multiples of these things in a daisy chain this is going to be 1. Or in binary "0000000001" :)

You are correct and James now has working floods. I gave him the DMX binary code for the dip switches. All he has to do now is power them up. He's actually using 29 based off his alphapix controller.

JR