Light-O-Rama Forums

That Darn Flicker...

prevue12

The dreaded flicker popped up.  I changed out the controller, changed cables coming to and from it, changed what outlet it was in, unplugged and checked for water, checked for data cables next to AC. That is were I stopped, the show needed to go on, and people waiting for it to start. Tomorrow maybe try moving the location of the controller.  I'm at a loss, turned everything on with Hardware Utility and everything was steady.   These are G3, AC controllers, and use latest version of S5.   

Anyone have any other ideas? 

Several things can cause this, sounds like you've tried a few. Not sure if it's one channel or multiple, but another couple areas to check is to see if you have created more than one preview using the same channel.  For example: if you have one sequence with a single prop using LOR Unit 1 Ch 1 for your Tune to Sign that runs in the background of your show, but you have the same prop (or different) in your regular sequences assigned to the same channel,  both sequences will try and run the channel, so if one is off and the other is on, they conflict and cause a flicker.  The same is true if your running 2 sequences at the same time using the same channel.  If you're using LED strands, you may need a "snubber."  Damaged RJ45 jacks and bad network cables are also known culprits.

Edited by Little_b
Spelling
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Little_b said:

Several things can cause this, sounds like you've tried a few. Not sure if it's one channel or multiple, but another couple areas to check is to see if you have created more than one preview using the same channel.  For example: if you have one sequence with a single prop using LOR Unit 1 Ch 1 for your Tune to Sign that runs in the background of your show, but you have the same prop (or different) in your regular sequences assigned to the same channel,  both sequences will try and run the channel, so if one is off and the other is on, they conflict and cause a flicker.  The same is true if your running 2 sequences at the same time using the same channel.  If you're using LED strands, you may need a "snubber."  Damaged RJ45 jacks and bad network cables are also known culprits.

It's all channels, but I did just add a background animation for something on that controller, This is first time I've run the show since that addition.  I might move that another controller, and see what is up.   Thanks for the idea. 

11 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

The channels in the background sequence must NOT be in the main sequences. Not blank. Not there at all.

This is what I meant in my long winded explanation.  Thanks Phil.

• Like 1

This is what I get for trying new stuff in the middle of the display season, channels gone, flicker gone!  THANKS A MILLION!

• The topic was locked