Light-O-Rama Forums

G4MP3 Director

nortonz

I bought a G4mp3 director this year, hoping I wouldn’t have to use a computer to run the show. So far it’s not working correctly. I have 2 16ch ac controller, on the 1st one there are 3 windows with 4 strings of light blue, green, red, and white. On each window. There is one string on the eve. 1 around the door and 2 stars with 1 string on each. The 2nd controller has 4 strings on the railing. 2 trees in the front yard, with 4 string on each. And 3 strings of 5 bulbs in the yard.

anyway when the show starts it will only flash one light on the 1st window for a few seconds, it mat flash 2, or 3 or all 4 strings on that window for a few seconds, but none of the other light will come on at all. After an hour or so it might start flashing other window, and eventually stat flashing all the light.

ialso have a car pixel controller, but it’s now doing anything. Any ideas?

What vintage (G#) are you AC controllers? the older ones can only do 115K non-enhanced.

Car Pixel?  what controller?

The 1st controller I bought new from lor 3 years ago. The second one I bought used last year, not sure what the g# is, but it’s in a black case. The CCB I I just bought last month from lor. I only have one network, and it is enhanced. I know  both ac controllers worked fine last year, but they were running off a computer. Not sure if I had it set as enhanced or not. The G4mp3 director has 2 networks, so I could set the ac controller. To non enhanced, and the ccr network to enhanced. Would that work? 

Also, cosmic color controller came with 2 50 pixel ribbons, can I hook 2 50 pixel bulbs to it, don’t want to pull up my arches just to test it.

9 hours ago, nortonz said:

The 1st controller I bought new from lor 3 years ago. The second one I bought used last year, not sure what the g# is, but it’s in a black case. The CCB I I just bought last month from lor. I only have one network, and it is enhanced. I know  both ac controllers worked fine last year, but they were running off a computer. Not sure if I had it set as enhanced or not. The G4mp3 director has 2 networks, so I could set the ac controller. To non enhanced, and the ccr network to enhanced. Would that work? 

Unless you used the Network Utility to specify Enhanced, it (the PC) defaults Regular to 57K, not enhanced  and you had a Black Adapter.

Pixies (CCR II) want 500K (and a Red adapter if run from a PC) and large arrays need Enhanced enabled on their network. You do NOT need a Red adapter JUST to use HU on a Pixie

Your plan to Leave the first port as is (Regular: 57K, non-enhanced), and Set the Second port to AuxA, 500K, (for now, I would leave it non-enhanced), is a good one

OK its not working, If I plug in a string of 50 pixels, then plug in the power pixel #1 light white, it never shuts off. Are the cosmic color Bulbs and the cosmic color ribbons different?

3 minutes ago, nortonz said:

OK its not working, If I plug in a string of 50 pixels, then plug in the power pixel #1 light white, it never shuts off. Are the cosmic color Bulbs and the cosmic color ribbons different?

Have you set a Sequence> #1 is an optional Status LED (keeps you from having to open the controller)  every power up. It clears the first time the controller is used for that power cycle

Well another night no display! The director plays the music, but only line one on controller one turns on. It’s not blinking or anything, just on. I may just give up this year.

I removed the mp3 director from the setup, and my lights work. Just ran everything from my laptop. Not sure why the mp3 director is not working out. 
My shop computer is a long ways from my display, that’s where I do all the sequences . I would try to run it from there it it weren’t so far, it takes a 200 foot  cat 5 to reach it, and can’t run the FM transmitter from the shop. 

so I had to run a cat 5 cable out my bedroom window. It wouldn’t be a problem it it wasn’t 30deg outside.

you can have a total of 4000' on a LOR (RS485) network chain (multiple controllers).

You can also run Stereo (audio input level) over CAT5 (separate CAT5) with break-out adapters, just don't run it right next to the power  (I have done 100' between rooms with no noticeable hum on the 'slaved' TV speakers)

Ok got it working, it was the audio files, audacity couldn’t even load a few of the audio files, where the sequencer didn’t have a problem with them. I exported the to 128bit, and reloaded them on the memory card, now it works.

thanks everyone that replied.

Mike.