Light-O-Rama Forums

COMM PORT ISSUE

XCELOR8R

For some reason when I run the Auto Configure I am getting port 4 and port 5 showing up. When I go into the network preferences, and I select a different com port (trying to get a few boxes back to com 3) I get a message stating "Connection is aborted due to timeout or other failure." 

Then when I go back into the HU, I get a message that pops up stating "The serial port (Comm3) assigned to LOR has a problem. You may need to select another port. I am not able to get all the boxes on once port so they will play when I enable the show. When I looked at the LOR help index, it states that you can run a few different Comm ports. What am I doing wrong here? I even tried opening a new controller box and it defaults to Comm 5 and I am not able to change it. Thank you in advance for any help on this.  

WHY worry what COM# you PC uses???. You use Regular, AuxA...

The only time to worry is if you switch PCs. The it is nice that the adapters use the same COM#

Mine are 11,12,13,14  (My laptop has had multiple USB>RS232 *com# adapters used with other items during its life)

IMHO Ignore the Auto button FOREVER. It will scramble previous assignments. Pick some COM numbers that are unused on all the PC's you use with LOR.

Attache 1 adapter (pre-labeled with the LOR NET name) at a time  and make the COM the same (windows device manager)  on all systems. Repeat for each adapter.

LOR Network Config is where System COM# to LOR mapping is done

You can always go to the Windows Device Manager -> COM&LPT -> Pick Port in Question -> right-click Properties -> Port Settings -> Advanced and change the port there.

• The topic was locked