Light-O-Rama Forums

What to add to the top of the house? And how?

jtomason

For Halloween, I had a couple of 2/10 sec ALL WHITE (everything that could do White) Lightning flashes. BRIGHT 🙃

2 hours ago, jtomason said:

Anyone have a video of this that I can look at?   I'm not sure how I would use them effectively in a show.   Blinding would seem to be counterintuitive on its face, so obviously I am missing something.

Go to my Christmas show thread and you will see the LOR mini floods pointing to the viewers, my viewers are over 200' away. 

I was using the standard garden variety flood spots for years before I added these to my Halloween show. I have always liked the looks of the floods pointing toward the viewers and they are not blinding.

Short Video from a Drone Pilot Last Night - My Christmas Display - Light-O-Rama Forums

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Go to my Christmas show thread and you will see the LOR mini floods pointing to the viewers, my viewers are over 200' away. 

I was using the standard garden variety flood spots for years before I added these to my Halloween show. I have always liked the looks of the floods pointing toward the viewers and they are not blinding.

Short Video from a Drone Pilot Last Night - My Christmas Display - Light-O-Rama Forums

JR

Gotcha.  Maybe I will set those up then.

Got construction details for the row of pixel circles?   I like those! 

8 minutes ago, jtomason said:

Gotcha.  Maybe I will set those up then.

Got construction details for the row of pixel circles?   I like those! 

Here is a link to the original construction of the circles. There are not many folks with more than 4 since they take up a lot of space.

This year I switched from my 2x4 frame construction to pvc pipe and I love it. The frames have always been used to mount my mini floods on but the new pvc frames make it easier to store. I use 10' rebar driven 4' in on the ends and in the centers.

8 circles is roughly 60' of space. I also have mini circles I made for my covid show. The minis are nodes and not ribbons.

Note, I do not use the cross supports, I use the top and bottom framing to keep my circles round.

Super Star Lights

Edited by dibblejr
  • Like 1