Light-O-Rama Forums

Issue routing channels in visualizer to Pixie16 controller

northalicious

Hi, I'm new to pixel lights, and I managed to get my first string working through the visualizer for the pixel editor by setting the Unit ID to 1, considering my Pixie16 controller is also Unit ID 1, but I can't figure out what number to change in order to connect to the second pixie string channel. Major thanks in advance!

A pixie uses one ID per port so if You gave it a ID of 1 then port 2 is ID 2 port 3 is ID 3 and so on. The software automatically numbers the ports in hex order.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

A pixie uses one ID per port so if You gave it a ID of 1 then port 2 is ID 2 port 3 is ID 3 and so on. The software automatically numbers the ports in hex order.

Thank you so so much!! Also, the lights all seem to be combing 4 lights into one chunk for each strand and I'm not quite sure as to why. My logical resolution is set to 100 pixels, and I have 100 pixel strands attached, so I don't understand why this is happening. Thank you so much, again!

18 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Set the logical resolution to 50.

I just realized that it's actually showing up like that too in the pixel editor. I did change the logical resolution, which was probably part of it. Am I maybe doing something wrong in the visualizer?