Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie needs help with CB100D. Using a CTB16PCG3

o2btom

So new to LOR, but absolutely loving it. I have one I am hoping someone will have a suggestion about. I am using CTB16PCG3 controllers, hooked up to a show time mini director. I recently acquired some CB100D (or CCB100) controllers. Cannot seem to get them to work correctly. I have updated the firmware to the latest version (1.21). I am running LOR programmed sequences, which according to what I can see, should be controller ID 07 (also duplicated 20-27). With the CCB controller set to 07, the first 8 bulbs on the first string will fire and work correctly. So I set to 20, and I get one bulb on each string to fire. I have tested them, and they will all work using the HU... So I figure it is a simple setting that I am overlooking or am not aware of how to do correctly. Any help would be appreciated.

First of all, with your Standard level LOR software license, you can only control Unit IDs 01 - 08.  I don't remember if the HU pays attention to that limitation however.

Is there one or two strings of pixels connected?  In the Hardware Utility, there are three operating modes that a CCB controller can be set to:  Normal, dual Normal, and Legacy.  Which of those modes are you set to?  The Dual Normal does not apply if there is only one string.  If there are two strings, Dual Normal is the one I generally recommend.

14 minutes ago, o2btom said:

So new to LOR, but absolutely loving it. I have one I am hoping someone will have a suggestion about. I am using CTB16PCG3 controllers, hooked up to a show time mini director. I recently acquired some CB100D (or CCB100) controllers. Cannot seem to get them to work correctly. I have updated the firmware to the latest version (1.21). I am running LOR programmed sequences, which according to what I can see, should be controller ID 07 (also duplicated 20-27). With the CCB controller set to 07, the first 8 bulbs on the first string will fire and work correctly. So I set to 20, and I get one bulb on each string to fire. I have tested them, and they will all work using the HU... So I figure it is a simple setting that I am overlooking or am not aware of how to do correctly. Any help would be appreciated.

Your License level may come into play. You need  enough for each port on (pixel devices), in use or not.

The speed of the director needs to be set to be above 115K (500K is fine for a G3)

I have the standard license, according to the website, that allows me to work with unit ID 07 (which is there pre programmed RGB window boxes.)

These have 2 strands of 50 bulbs. They are set to dual.

image.png.4d0cdcc69705191a48a06c8585ca904a.png

1 hour ago, o2btom said:

I have the standard license, according to the website, that allows me to work with unit ID 07 (which is there pre programmed RGB window boxes.)

These have 2 strands of 50 bulbs. They are set to dual.

That device has 2 ports. It uses 2 ID's. You set the first so 07,08

8 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

That device has 2 ports. It uses 2 ID's. You set the first so 07,08

Which is fine with a Standard level license.

Support replied. Talking with them, I had to go in and set the pixels per string to 1 instead of 50. The standard sequence from them only has the first 8 channels. The other option is to go in and change the device in the sequencer to 50 rows under the controller.

Thanks to those that helped....

• The topic was locked