Light-O-Rama Forums

2021 block party

~DOC~

On 12/11/2020 at 5:03 PM, k6ccc said:

If you do it via E1.31 using wireless, then you could use PixCon 16 controllers instead of Pixie or you could use the PixieLink (once that is released) with Pixie controllers

Curious I thought I read somewhere that you either ran All pixies or the other. Did this change and you can run both LOR protocol and E1.31? 

I am still reading the help menu. Still a bit confused on the preview and how to set each house as their own preview. But like I said not done reading. 

so for affects I set it to follow as shown on preview. I won’t be able to do that anymore with multiple houses on my preview will I?

39 minutes ago, ~DOC~ said:

Curious I thought I read somewhere that you either ran All pixies or the other. Did this change and you can run both LOR protocol and E1.31?

Nope.  No such limitation.  You can mix just about any way you want.  In my case, the majority of my show is E1.31, but I have 300 original CCPs for my six arches on a 500K ELOR network, and six assorted LOR controllers on a 115K ELOR network.  Lastly is a 56K non-enhanced LOR network that only has an InputPup (not used for Christmas, but used every day for my Landscape lighting show).  I have been running a mixture of E1.31 and LOR networking since 2012 (very shortly after LOR started supporting E1.31.

45 minutes ago, ~DOC~ said:

I am still reading the help menu. Still a bit confused on the preview and how to set each house as their own preview. But like I said not done reading. 

Incorrect.  One preview for al the houses.  You can create different Views in Sequencer which allows you to de-clutter the channel lineup - for example one view that only shows the channels for maybe the roofline at all houses, or a different view that shows only one house.  The Preview will still show everything, but the the sequencing grid can be more organized.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, k6ccc said:
4 hours ago, ~DOC~ said:

Incorrect.  One preview for al the houses.  You can create different Views in Sequencer which allows you to de-clutter the channel lineup - for example one view that only shows the channels for maybe the roofline at all houses, or a different view that shows only one house.  The Preview will still show everything, but the the sequencing grid can be more organized.

The view section was very small and I thought maybe it was farther in reading. I am after all doing it right. It be nice if you could make separate previews and then link them. I took pictures of all the house and plotted them in one background. Then when I open a sequence I can make bobs house one view, Chad’s house one view and then my house. Good thing is mostly they only want an outline. 

hmm I guess I need to get an E1.31 to learn with. Possibly a cheap one if there is such a thing. Both neighbors could get away with two 4 port controllers. 1 for top floor and one for bottom floor. The homes are less than 28 ft wide

Edited by ~DOC~