Light-O-Rama Forums

fading between 2 channels

cattlefarmboy

last few nights, i have a program with my christmas tree lights. it is a 20ft tall tree with mini on it not leds. with 2 channels, their a problem with them fading back and forth. it happen with the epcot song. the fast part of the song works fine, the last 30 sec. or so it goes slow. i have set it up so it fades back and forth. channel 1 fades up then back down, the when channel 1 fades down my channel 2 fades up then down,it fades up and down in 3 sec. so it happens slow. it does that to the end of the song. when watching the software it works as is. but in real life it doesnt. channel 1 fades up then channel 2 fades up and both channel stays on and dont fade then goes out at the end of the song. sorry for it being long, i like giving details

james

it happen with this song, i have started something new with the same fading and it works, i have also done chasing with the hardware

here is the files if anyone wants to see

Attached files epcot.lms

here is the audio

i having problem with 4-9 and 4-10 blue christmas tree they work on up to the last 20 or 30 sec. of the song, when they fade back and forth

here is the audio

i having problem with 4-9 and 4-10 blue christmas tree they work on up to the last 20 or 30 sec. of the song, when they fade back and forth

here is the audio

cattlefarmboy wrote:

here is the audio

The file has the format from LOR I. What release of LOR I are you using?

When I look at 4-9 Blue Tree at 3:03:07 there is a 'piece' of a fade. You might want to clean that up. I doubt it is causing your problem but it recalls a problem I was having last season.

I had issues last year using LOR I when I would copy and paste from one sequence to another. There would be fragments of the old events left in some of timings.

I had one sequence that would activate a channel even though I had verified that the event in the timing was off. I believe that there was a bug that had stored an event in the .lms file despite what was being displayed on the Sequence Editor screen. Upgrading to LOR II solved the problem with the lights coming on when they were not supposed to.

At a minimum I would suggest upgrading to the latest LOR I patch.

http://www.lightorama.com/SoftwareUpgrade.html

Good luck.

i have upgraded to 2.0.16. now i got a another problem with 2 channel flashing and they are off when they do that, between 3:12-3:14 when it happen. the channel are -2-12 red LED pecan tree- and- 2-13 green LED apple tree-

Attached files bells techno.lms

Is it possible that your unit 2 circuits 12 and 13 are miswired, thinking they're some other circuit, or something like that?

Do you have another controller you can "swap in" as unit 2, to see if the same thing happens on that one?

Or perhaps change your sequence so that everything other than those two channels does, say, a fade up during 3:12-3:14, and see if that makes those circuits fade up, too?