Light-O-Rama Forums

can a pixie 16x25 tree be converted to a 16x50

keithandrews

if i bought a pixie 16 and 8 more 16 x 50 pixie ribbons can i convert a 16x25 tree don't seem to be many sequences for the 16x25

A 16x25 tree is just eight 50 pixel strings folded so the short answer is yes. Purchase a Pixie16 and eight more strings and you can make a 16x50.

• Like 1

Or add another Pixie8. in either case you need to add  or near double the AMPS out of the PSU.

I think a Pixie16 RTG (has PSU and case) is the most compact .  And just save/use the old Pixie8 RTG elsewhere (You know  you will be adding more stuff later 😛)

depending on the pixie8, it can run 8 X 100 strands.  The 12V version i got last year has no issues with 24 X 25 (i went wider than denser) plus a couple of candy canes and the star, just short of 800 pixels. even at 100% but i ran it at less by setting the dimming curve.   This year i went to 24 X 50 and added a 2nd pixie 8 to control half of the lights.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TexasLights said:

depending on the pixie8, it can run 8 X 100 strands.  The 12V version i got last year has no issues with 24 X 25 (i went wider than denser) plus a couple of candy canes and the star, just short of 800 pixels. even at 100% but i ran it at less by setting the dimming curve.   This year i went to 24 X 50 and added a 2nd pixie 8 to control half of the lights.

Yes. Just pay attention to All White events as 100 nodes will exceed 4A . The PSU needs to handle the Peaks, but repeated  White current will eventually wear out the fuse (those fuses do not blow immediately at 4A). KEEP SPARE FUSES handy.  There are some good deals at Amazon on 10packs

• Like 1