Light-O-Rama Forums

Standalone Units Time Setting

johnsonfool

I have been giving a little bit of assistance to Dollywood who has purchased a LOR standalone controller this year for one area of the park. I do not use any standalone controllers in my display and they are wanting to set the time to start the show and turn the show off. When we open the hardware software the option to set the time is not selectable. Could someone help me out by explaining how to set this on the standalone units.

I guess I am just wondering if it's a standalone unit wouldn't this be an easy thing to do. Would you really need a computer or the mp3 director if you just wanted animation and no music?

That's exactly right,
you have several options in the hardware utility.
1-start sequence when power is turned on.
2/3- input from normally open or closed sw

I use on of those intermatic yard timers to start mine.
Richard

The concern is that they have two circuits feeding a 30amp controller. If they use two timers one on each circuit that they won't come on at the same time. This is at the entrance to the park so they don't want even 10 seconds difference in the timers.

Here is another approach which I am using this year as my first year of animation.....no music ,just 32 channels of animation.
I have the following setup
1ea 16 channel DC board
1ea 16 channel AC board
I down load my sequences into the DC board, so it will act like the director of the network.
I then run a cat 5 or phone cord between them.
I use 2 timers. 1 timer connects to the DC board it's time is set for when I want the show to start. So when it turns on it starts the sequences.
I have the other timer on the AC board and I set it 5-10mins earlier than the timer for the DC board. This way the AC board is already powered up when the sequences start. I have been testing this all summer and it works really well.
I hope this is clear and easy to understand