Light-O-Rama Forums

New to s5. Lights not working

Nails Family Christmas

What are the chances you're trying to run 16 channel controllers at 500k AND you don't have the latest firmware installed?

i am running into something similar where when i run a show my ac lights are all over the place. when i turn the show off and play it via sequencer all of my AC lights work as they are supposed to.

having another issue with rgb that is weird though.

edit: trying the compress option now to see if that does anything.

Edited by gc75067

I was having the same issue that the hardware utility worked fine but the sequences did not.  I found that my controller had a firmware update available.  Once I installed the update, the lights in the sequence turned on.  My issue was then that the sequencer was not turning on the lights.  I did have a yellow status light in the right hand corner of the sequencer and the control panel is up and running.  Additionally, there was a red icon light in the system tray.  What I found the fix to be is that the network must be at 500 and enhanced with the firmware update.  The 500 and enhanced are options under network preferences.  A slower speed did not work.  I do have a gen 3 controller with S5 and Superstar.  The usb dongle was the black one.  

I have not seen a post were someone fixed this issue so I am posting this in case someone else has this problem.

MY PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED!!! YAY!!!

I was running the S5 software this year for the first time ever. I had two Gen 3 boxes and 1 Gen 1 box. So, I bought another box (Gen 3). Still didn't work. Realized that one of the other boxes needed a firmware update ... Done. Lastly, I ended up messing up a cat5 cable in the process of elimination ... replaced it. We have been up and running for three days now. I AM SO HAPPY. Thx to you guys and the folks at LOR. Christmas is back on !!!