Light-O-Rama Forums

Old show with 12 CCR tree works but new show only rgb work and not reg network lights

4hoogies

My old show included 2 networks one for regular LOR controller boxes and high speed network for my 12 ccr tree. I can place my old show sd card in and the show works fine (minus the new pixie tree since not sequenced in).

When I create a new show on a new sd card with updated sequences, the pixie tree and 12 ccr tree works (high speed network) but now none of the regular network lights come on.

I have pro license, G3-Mp3 director, 5 older 1602 controllers (reg network);  12 ccr tree, a pixie2D -(one of my old ccr strings broke), and a pixie 8 tree on highspeed network AUX A). This is daisy chain order.

Also, do I need to use a high speed sd card? my old show is on a SDHS card but I didn't have an extra one for the new show so was trying a regular SD card with two songs to test and it seems to work fine right now (minus the regular network lights not playing) but have 14 total songs.

Any insight?

Thanks,

Tara

I ran the Verifier - it is saying i have a #3 Error and that Lightorama isn't fully installed on my computer. Not sure why. I don't want to uninstall and reinstall if I could potentially lose anything.

Do I wait for morning and start a ticket with LOR directly?

T

Uninstall and reinstall is usually quick and painless.....but you should always have a backup of all the files and folders in your LOR user folder.

I notice your profile says v5.1. There have been a lot of improvements and fixes since then, well over a year ago.

Thanks Phil.  I went ahead and backed up my files, uninstalled and reinstalled LOR and I no longer get the warning #3 error.

I am still getting warning 28 on a song so trying to figure that out. But it still seems strange that only ccr, pixie 2 and pixie 8 lights come on when I create a new show but not my old controllers. Those controllers are all at the end of my daisy chain.

At the end of your daisy chain? The older controllers need to be on a totally separate network. You should be running two networks on two separate sets of cat5.

Are you using the Hub to record your shows on to the SD Card?

I have a similar network configuration where the Regular network controls a number of older controllers and the AUX A controls pixel devices.  I had problems where the devices on the Regular network did not work.  What I found was when the Hub goes to record your show to the card, by default it puts a check mark in the box "Output LOR Enhanced channels as well as LOR normal (if available)".  For my Regular Network I deselected that option, created the card and the devices work properly.

From the Hub (Assuming old devices are no Regular Network and High Speed devices on AUX A)
- Edit the files that will make up the show

- Click on the Create/Update SD Card - Advanced

- Click your way through the screens with the Next >> button till you get to Step 6 where you select the options for your network.  For your REGULAR LOR network remove the check mark next to "Output LOR Enhanced channels as well as LOR normal (if available)"

- Make sure the setting for the AUX A network are valid for your high speed network

- Create SD Card

Your mileage may vary.

Thank you all for your help. Once I reinstalled LOR, I then did go through the steps of creating a new show on HUB, and selected the advanced for create/update sd card. For some reason, this time it worked.  Maybe last time I selected LOR/ELOR instead of regular LOR for my first network. I thought I had done it correctly multiple times but just glad it finally worked.

I did finally get the show to work on all controllers.

Thanks again, 

TAra