Light-O-Rama Forums

Hardware problem

Buckeye Bob

I have all light-o-rama equipment including showtime. I would do all the physical setup with the lights, and initialize the controllers. Then my son would do the rest on the computer. He is no longer available to assist. I attempted to start the showtime program and the trouble starts. I am a hands on person (71) but need to be shown and not read and apply text. Is there someone on this FORUM that does house calls as a business .  In the hardware I initialized each controller and I had all 7 controllers working properly.  Moving to the Showtime program I have used my problems began.  I have pushed too many commands.  And returning to the Hardware screen the window where you initialize shows 0 controllers.  I have not been able to get the Hardware to recognize my controllers.  I live in Cape May County, New Jersey Desperate Buckeye Bob

Hi Buckeye Bob. Welcome to the forum.

Not sure you are going to get a house call this time of year, so let's hope for the best and plan for the worst. Many of us are really busy with our shows right now, so maybe if you can clarify a couple things for me, we can get you some help. The good thing is it sounds like you are able to use the hardware utility and you can see all 7 controllers. Might be as simple as someone working with you over the phone.

Do you already have a show from last year and you are having issues getting it going this year? If so, did you make any changes from last year? Do you have lights already setup and wired and sequences ready to go?  Did you exit the hardware utility before trying to run your show?

You really need to tell us your software version and license level, so we can know where to start. It would be helpful if you filled out that info in your profile.

• The topic was locked