Light-O-Rama Forums

hardware can't find new controller

sinky23

Just added another controller...I had 2; conected the CAT cable from controller #2 to the new one(#3). Hardware still telling me I have only 2 units...Is this because of the CAT cable? I'm assuming it should read 3 units. Checked all the settings, everything looks right; the unit #'s are correct ...any ideas would be appreciated...

Does the LED stay flashing on the new controller when connected? If it goes solid, then in the hardware program check to make sure that the max number of units is at least 3 or greater.

-Steve
Reason for edit : Forgot to ask what model controller.

I would first try connecting only the new controller to the computer. (to try to rule out a bad cable) If this was a kit then, I would check for poor connections and or correct orientation of the communication IC. U1 ?

-Steve

Don't daisy chain the controllers to program them. If the controller is new, then it is set as unit 1...and their can't be two unit 1's in the system. Connect the new controller directly to the computer. Then open the HU and reprogram the controller to unit 3. Then all should work.

Once you connect the controller by itself, then the light should stop blinking.

Ponddude wrote:

Don't daisy chain the controllers to program them. If the controller is new, then it is set as unit 1...and their can't be two unit 1's in the system. Connect the new controller directly to the computer. Then open the HU and reprogram the controller to unit 3. Then all should work.

Once you connect the controller by itself, then the light should stop blinking.

The controller is a CTB16D, which has address switches that can easily set the units ID.:P What you have to remember is to have the power off before chaning the position of the switches.

-Steve

The unit is a 16D, it has switches to set the unit ID.

Was this a kit? IF so, as stated before check that the IC chips are in the correct position. IF your sure that all the chips are in the correct position, you could swapping I think it is U1 between a working board and this board.

You could also use the troubleshooting guide on the Lightorama support page.

If none of this works, then I would contact support@lightorama.com.

Chuck

good morning....

thanks to all the replies and help.....after trying a little of everything mentioned....comes down to a faulty CAT cable. This board always comes thru......Thanks for everyone's help

joe