Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 16 CCR mega tree half working

Ltngbolt

I have a pixie16 CCR mega tree set up I purchased from LOR this season. Its been a bit of a learning curve. I have 5 other residential controllers on the same network. In test utilty I can get all ribbons to work but when I create a SS sequence and add it to a sequence ribbons 9-16 work as they should. But the first few ribbons on the other side only light up about 4 pixels up. I am stumped and assume I am doing something wrong.....Help!Please

Speed (and data traffic) is your issue. You need to put the Pixie on  a HS (Red adapter) and crank up the speed to 500K+

The bulk of your AC controllers should be on their own network (and MUST BE SLOWER  if any are Gen 2)

TheDucks, Thank you. I have the high speed adapter but havent put it in. How can I use 2 different adapters? Put it in another usb? Im not sure how that would work with com3. Or can I just put all controllers on the high speed jack? My oldest controller is 2 years old.

Plug the new adaptor into an empty USB port while looking in device manager at ports. You should see a new com port appear which is what you will use in Network Prefs for your second network.

Hat Phil said PLUS,

you need to break YOUR existing Daisy-chain into the 2 sections (Pixies and standard) and run a CAT5 from the Red to the Fast (pixie piece) (you will probably need a additional LONG CAT5 to make the home run from the first unit on the new section.

I don't have S5

The Sequencer will be where you change the Pixie channels from Regular > AuxA (Leave the ID alone) (remember to SAVE each sequence after running the Network Utility on it)

In S4 it is done from Tools Channel Configuration. Change Controller (button on the bottom). This is where things deviate from normal LOR Pixie ID rules You need to do this for EACH PORTS inherited ID

The place in the Network utility you want is at the bottom

Get an RJ45 coupler to bypass that position (do protect from water). Then run a New CAT5 direct from the Red to the Pixie

• The topic was locked