Light-O-Rama Forums

HELP! Boscoyo Triple arches with RGB Pixels...

Lights on Saratoga

Hi!! 

I am stumped! I have 4 Triple Arches from Boscoyo and wired them with RGB Pixels. They are connected to a Pixie16. The first 2 arches function properly in my sequences, but the last 2 arches dont. They show the incorrect colors. I checked the RGB order on both and they are correct. They light up in test mode fine. I tried switching them to different ports (ports that the first 2 arches function fine) and they do not function properly, diplaying the incorrect colors. I re-soddered them, making sure the data cable is correct on both and they are soddered correctly. What could it be? What is the chance that all the strands of pixels are bad? What else can I try? Please help a girl out...brainstorming with you amazing people for troubleshooting is my best option.

Thank you in advance.

If you open the Hardware Utility and click the Pixel Console button, are you able to control the lights on each arch? Does the red slider turn the pixel red, etc?

You say the RGB color order is correct, are you sure?

Do all arches start on circuit 1 in Prop Definition?

Matt

We went ahead and checked those last 2 arches and each arch is in a different RGB order...so weird. So like in arch 3 its BRG and arch 4 is GRB....

It is very important that all lights on a Pixie controller have the same RGB order as you can only set the RGB order per controller and not per port. When purchasing lights always buy enough from the same batch to cover all props on that controller plus spares.

The Pixie doesn't have many luxuries built in and that is what keeps the cost low. The Pixcon16 and many other vendor higher priced controllers can set the RGB order per port and gives you much more flexibility when it comes to lights.

• The topic was locked