Light-O-Rama Forums

Running LOR 4.4.4 and have a 15 strip Mega tree problem

interadx

I can run the show from show editor with one problem, the time I power up my controllers my pixie16 with 15 strips hooked up to it the first and last strip stay lit the whole time.  All white.  I have tried a reset quite a few times and even changed out one of the strip lights.  I run some WS2811 strips and have no problems in my arches and the other 13 strips on the tree run the show perfect.  Just the outside two stay on all the time.  Thank you in advance for your help.

4 minutes ago, interadx said:

I can run the show from show editor with one problem, the time I power up my controllers my pixie16 with 15 strips hooked up to it the first and last strip stay lit the whole time.  All white.  I have tried a reset quite a few times and even changed out one of the strip lights.  I run some WS2811 strips and have no problems in my arches and the other 13 strips on the tree run the show perfect.  Just the outside two stay on all the time.  Thank you in advance for your help.

Did you buy this kit or did you assemble?

Sounds like the strips could be bad.

But I can help you. Where in AL are you?

Provide a little more details.

What happens if you just swap the green connectors with one next to them?

If your license is correct it shouldnt work at all because you have to run a pixie16 at 500K enhanced. The enhanced mode "requires" pro level.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I assembled this tree with WS2811 strips, pixie 16 controller from LOR.  Just went out and fixed #15, was the cable...I swapped cables on number 1 and it still comes on white all the time.  Might have bad strip.  Never goes off.  I am in Eclectic AL..LOR just came out with 4.4.8 update, really don't want to update at this time...

I just went crazy, just soldered a whole new strip, hooked up and same result, now if I plug strip #2 in to port one it works fine.  So now it only leaves me one thing, the strip or the connector....I guess.  By the way I am running enhanced and have a license for that level....running at 500K

16 minutes ago, interadx said:

I just went crazy, just soldered a whole new strip, hooked up and same result, now if I plug strip #2 in to port one it works fine.  So now it only leaves me one thing, the strip or the connector....I guess.  By the way I am running enhanced and have a license for that level....running at 500K

Are the strips arrows facing the correct way  ->DI  ->DO

2 hours ago, interadx said:

I assembled this tree with WS2811 strips, pixie 16 controller from LOR.  Just went out and fixed #15, was the cable...I swapped cables on number 1 and it still comes on white all the time.  Might have bad strip.  Never goes off.  I am in Eclectic AL..LOR just came out with 4.4.8 update, really don't want to update at this time...

The update pretty much just covers the pixielink hardware.

4.4.4 or 6 is very stable. Really no need to update unless you purchase a pixielink when the hit the store.

JR

1 hour ago, interadx said:

If it works fine when changed the strip is good.

Check the wiring at the green connector as I stated a few posts ago. Just leave the pigtail connected, pull off the connector next to it and replace and see what happens.

More than likely the wire is not in the connector good or under the platform in which it should be sandwiched.

Have you checked the settings again in the ccr/ pixie configuration menu in HU?

JR

• The topic was locked