Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie pixcon 16

crosenberger

I had the basic lor setup for years and trying to make the step to a pixel mega tree. Purchased the kit from wowlights. Went through set up configuration but light will not come on. I was told to run the Ethernet cable from my pc to the controller for configuration. Do I still need to run the cat 5 cable with the usb485b from my pc to the controller also. Info would be great 

Edited by crosenberger

The PixCon is a pretty advanced piece of hardware. Head over to the LOR Documentation page and look for the 3 (or so) PDF's about it.
http://www1.lightorama.com/documentation/

Start there. If you have a problem, be sure to let us know which document, which page and which step you ran into a problem at.

LOR really needs to put "For Advanced Users Only" on the product page. Many are purchasing this controller with no clue on how to program it.

I will normally direct them to a new Pixie16 as an easier alternative.

57 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

LOR really needs to put "For Advanced Users Only" on the product page. Many are purchasing this controller with no clue on how to program it.

I will normally direct them to a new Pixie16 as an easier alternative.

I thought I read that many years ago. It could have been just on the forum but swear it was indicated in the advertisement. Or perhaps the wording in the ad made me realize it was a difficult controller. 

Fortunately beta testing made me love the pixie16. LOL

thank you

JR

• The topic was locked