Light-O-Rama Forums

I can see both CMB24D controllers in the Hardware Utility but I cannot turn the lights that are connected to the second controller on

Daleysan

I purchased the 10W flood light kit.  I installed the system and immediately realized I would need a second controller.  I purchased the second CMB24D controller with the additional 8 RGB 10W Floods.  I connected to each controller and set up a Unit ID for each.  If I connect to the second controller directly I can turn the lights on from the Hardware Utility.  If I connect to the first controller with the second controller connected to the first controller I can see both controllers in the Hardware Utility but only the lights connected to the first controller come on.

Likewise, if I schedule a show, only the lights connected to the first controller work.

It appears the issue has something to do with the connection between the two controllers.

7 hours ago, Daleysan said:

I purchased the 10W flood light kit.  I installed the system and immediately realized I would need a second controller.  I purchased the second CMB24D controller with the additional 8 RGB 10W Floods.  I connected to each controller and set up a Unit ID for each.  If I connect to the second controller directly I can turn the lights on from the Hardware Utility.  If I connect to the first controller with the second controller connected to the first controller I can see both controllers in the Hardware Utility but only the lights connected to the first controller come on.

Likewise, if I schedule a show, only the lights connected to the first controller work.

It appears the issue has something to do with the connection between the two controllers.

Interchange the CAT5  ports on controller 1 (in case a port is bad).  Connect the Feed into #2 (the order of the daisy does not matter)

I assume you are using HU correctly 😛 You are selecting #2 (when both are connected), then on 100%

What IDs are your controllers?  You are showing that you have a Basic level LOR software license.  With the Basic level license, you can only have Controller IDs 01 and 02. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, k6ccc said:

What IDs are your controllers?  You are showing that you have a Basic level LOR software license.  With the Basic level license, you can only have Controller IDs 01 and 02. 

So simple, and I missed it. <slap>

Thank you for your help.  I actually had the second controller set to 07 because I want to use that channel on a store sequence.  By chance before you replied I decided to change it to 02.  Still no good.

I upgraded the software to Standard.  No good.

I switched the ports.  Nope.  Ugh.

On a hunch I decided to replace the Cat 5e wire I used because it was an older wire I used at the beginning of Covid to set up my girlfriend to work from home before wireless was set up on her computer.  Wouldn’t you know.  Changing the wire did the trick!!  No idea why but now I have bigger concerns.  Learning how to make a sequence.  😅

25 minutes ago, Daleysan said:

On a hunch I decided to replace the Cat 5e wire I used because it was an older wire I used at the beginning of Covid to set up my girlfriend to work from home before wireless was set up on her computer.  Wouldn’t you know.  Changing the wire did the trick!!  No idea why but now I have bigger concerns.  Learning how to make a sequence.

Glad you got it working.  You would not be the first to have a cable problem!

25 minutes ago, Daleysan said:

I upgraded the software to Standard.

Please update your forum profile.  As you can see, often the answers to problems are dependent on both the software version and the license level.

• The topic was locked