Light-O-Rama Forums

Shimmers do not show as shimmer

Steven

I have a single bulb channel that I made shimmer for one cell. Hovering the mouse over the cell shows "Effect Type: SHIMMER", but the color shown in the sequencer grid is solid. I was expecting the hashed lines. Is this a bug or a setting that is messed up? In this picture, the channel "Spot-Ghost" is shimmering at 0:53, but the grid cell shows all white.

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 8.11.12 PM.png

You are correct, shimmer should be displayed with hashed lines. Is this repeatable? Can you close the sequence and reopen it and it still displays in the grid has solid but the tooltip says shimmer? If so, I would like a copy of the sequence to investigate further.

Thanks for raising the issue.

Matt

20 hours ago, MattBrown said:

You are correct, shimmer should be displayed with hashed lines. Is this repeatable? Can you close the sequence and reopen it and it still displays in the grid has solid but the tooltip says shimmer? If so, I would like a copy of the sequence to investigate further.

Thanks for raising the issue.

Matt

Matt,

I was helping someone through the Facebook groups with getting her set up with Pixels and importing a mega tree and using superstar to insert a purchased sequence and now she is having this exact same issue. She is not on the forums so I am posting for her.

Here is what I did with her.

Upgrade Sequencer from Advanced to Pro

Added a 12 CCR tree to her preview

Cleaned Up / Organized her Grid View, then exported (she then imported into the other sequences today)

Upgraded Superstar from Demo to 16CCR

Inserted a .sup sequence from Brian via superstar into a sequence.

Exported a copy of her preview for safe keeping.

Now she is having the same issue as above where hovering over the effect in a non motion effect row will indicate shimmer or twinkle but the hashed lines are not showing on the effect within the grid.

Attached is 2 screenshots of her sequencer screen with the issue. I will encourage her to join the forums to follow this thread

122445178_861504124655085_5073593032468747738_n.png

122792819_273751837286662_5991210566701886112_n.png

1 hour ago, c7williams said:

Matt,

I was helping someone through the Facebook groups with getting her set up with Pixels and importing a mega tree and using superstar to insert a purchased sequence and now she is having this exact same issue. She is not on the forums so I am posting for her.

Here is what I did with her.

Upgrade Sequencer from Advanced to Pro

Added a 12 CCR tree to her preview

Cleaned Up / Organized her Grid View, then exported (she then imported into the other sequences today)

Upgraded Superstar from Demo to 16CCR

Inserted a .sup sequence from Brian via superstar into a sequence.

Exported a copy of her preview for safe keeping.

Now she is having the same issue as above where hovering over the effect in a non motion effect row will indicate shimmer or twinkle but the hashed lines are not showing on the effect within the grid.

Attached is 2 screenshots of her sequencer screen with the issue. I will encourage her to join the forums to follow this thread

122445178_861504124655085_5073593032468747738_n.png

122792819_273751837286662_5991210566701886112_n.png

Forgot to add... a reboot did not fix the issue. 

@c7williams 

Thanks for helping this user and passing along the information. However, I would need a copy of the sequence file and the information shown in Sequencer's Help > About dialog (in case it is driver-related). If anyone else experiences this issue, please send me a PM or create a ticket with the help desk and include the requested information. Thanks!

Matt

9 hours ago, MattBrown said:

@c7williams 

Thanks for helping this user and passing along the information. However, I would need a copy of the sequence file and the information shown in Sequencer's Help > About dialog (in case it is driver-related). If anyone else experiences this issue, please send me a PM or create a ticket with the help desk and include the requested information. Thanks!

Matt

I am sending you a pm with the above info. 

I have also encouraged her to join the forums :)