Light-O-Rama Forums

IDMX-1000

Steve Constantino

I have an IDMX-1000 set to unit ID 30. In hardware utility it shows up as 16 16 channel controllers. OK.

30 = 1-16

31 = 17-32

32 = 33-48

33 = 49-64

34 = 65-80

35 = 81-96

etc..

I have a DMX device addressed to channel 65. But I have no control over it. I should be able to go into hardware utility test console set unit ID to 34 and push up fader 1 to have control of DMX channel 65. Right?

I have no control over any channel beyond the first 4 16 channel groups in the IDMX-1000.

Can anyone help? I thought I would ask before calling LOR.

Steve

Steve Constantino wrote:

I have an IDMX-1000 set to unit ID 30. In hardware utility it shows up as 16 16 channel controllers. OK.

30 = 1-16

31 = 17-32

32 = 33-48

33 = 49-64

34 = 65-80

35 = 81-96

etc..

I have a DMX device addressed to channel 65. But I have no control over it. I should be able to go into hardware utility test console set unit ID to 34 and push up fader 1 to have control of DMX channel 65. Right?

I have no control over any channel beyond the first 4 16 channel groups in the IDMX-1000.

Can anyone help? I thought I would ask before calling LOR.

Steve
Steve,

You probably have done this but just to make sure...

1)In the HWU, make sure you have iDMX1000 checked in the lower left of the page
2)Make sure you also have Virtual Controllers checked in the lower right of the page
3)In the "Select Unit ID" box, make sure it is set on 3.0, then use the slider to the right in the "Select Channel Group" to 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 etc. When the slider is on 3.4 then the console should read "DMX 65" and "LOR 34.01" above channel one.

If all of this is correct then the fixture should work.

Charles

Edit:

If all of that is correct, you should check your channel config and make sure it is correct.

Thanks Charles

I figured it out. The IDMX-1000 was working fine. It was a setting in my DMX universe merger/ playback unit. (max DMX channel setting)

Steve

Steve Constantino wrote:

Thanks Charles

I figured it out. The IDMX-1000 was working fine. It was a setting in my DMX universe merger/ playback unit. (max DMX channel setting)

Steve
Steve,

Good. I have never had a problem with the six iDMX-1000's I am using either. The biggest problem I have is the S-L-O-W response of the software as it compiles for playback.

Charles

Charles Belcher wrote:

The biggest problem I have is the S-L-O-W response of the software as it compiles for playback.

Glad to see others are having this problem as well. I thought it was just me because I knew it is not the computer.

Texan78 wrote:

Charles Belcher wrote:
The biggest problem I have is the S-L-O-W response of the software as it compiles for playback.

Glad to see others are having this problem as well. I thought it was just me because I knew it is not the computer.

As you know, I only have one sequence that is 30 minutes long. Last year I only had 243 channels, but this year I have 3500 channels (give or take a dozen).

The number of channels really didn't have an affect on the compiling speed until I had programmed about 8 minutes of the show. Then it started slowing down and when I got to the 16 minute mark, I could go from my office to the kitchen and microwave a can of beanie weenies between the time I pressed "save changes/play" and the time it actually started again.

Oh well, big things sometimes come with big situations.

BTW, the fire at the State Fair was midi controlled and the devices acknowledge the commands to the controller. I can't talk about the units themselves because the designer has a patent pending on both the chemicals combination used and the method of deployment.

Email me your address, radio frequency and dates of operation so I can come by and see your display this year.

charlesb@onstagesystems.com

Charles

Oh my, 3500 channels!!! Yea I bet that was a lot of fun to program. Are you going to have to bring in show power to run this?...LoL

Man I can't wait to see this...

I will shoot you an email.

Texan78 wrote:

Oh my, 3500 channels!!! Yea I bet that was a lot of fun to program. Are you going to have to bring in show power to run this?...LoL

Hmmm, did you notice that Charles is eating Beanie Weenies? That is what happens to you when you have 3500 channels... no money left for food.:P Maybe we should have a food drive for Charles!

Richard Hamilton wrote:

Texan78 wrote:

Hmmm, did you notice that Charles is eating Beanie Weenies? That is what happens to you when you have 3500 channels... no money left for food.:P Maybe we should have a food drive for Charles!

LoL, nice observation, I didn't even catch that, pretty funny.

Something tells me though he isn't hurting, just lazy to cook after all that time programming...LoL The line of work he is in and who his clients are, he has no problems buying controllers. Heck I know I have funded some of his display when I have used him for some shows of mine...LoL

Hey Charles, I tried to shoot you a email and it kicked it back twice.

• The topic was locked