Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24D & CF50D floods after thunderstorm

Jimdandy13

So we had a huge storm come through last night, with torrential downpour and crazy lightning. My GFCI kept popping, and eventually I just left the whole show off. Today I just wanted to make sure everything was up and running, and turns out the network was good to go (6 controllers) up until the CAT5/6 goes into my RGB Floods (2 CMB24Ds and 2 CF50Ds). I've been trouble shooting for hours, re-setting them, trying to hook them up individually to the HU, which cannot locate them. One CMB24D just keeps blinking red like its ready for the network but when you plug it directly to the computer it still just blinks red and doesn't recognize the network. The other seems like the power supply went bad as the LED indicator light isn't even on. Anyone else have any similar issues with them following storms with potential electrical surges? They've all been working perfectly for weeks, Weird...

32 minutes ago, Jimdandy13 said:

One CMB24D just keeps blinking red like its ready for the network but when you plug it directly to the computer it still just blinks red and doesn't recognize the network.

Off hand sounds like the RS-485 comm chip failed.  Certainly a possibility in a lightning storm - especially if you have a fairly close strike.

34 minutes ago, Jimdandy13 said:

The other seems like the power supply went bad as the LED indicator light isn't even on.

Do you have a voltmeter that you can confirm operation?

I am guessing that you took a fairly near lightning strike and some stuff got damaged.

• The topic was locked