Light-O-Rama Forums

Something just happened to my Pixie16???

filetme

Hi all,

Normally I can tell that the controller is working because I can hear the fan going but all of a sudden it is much quieter and the HU can no longer find it.

I can see the light on at the bottom of the unit and across the two top power leads I measure 12V so it should be working.  What could possibly be wrong?  1 day away from lightshow for a local fundraiser for Halloween ... Help!  Please!

Does this sound like anything anyone has run into before?

Much appreciation.

On 10/24/2020 at 3:48 PM, filetme said:

Hi all,

Normally I can tell that the controller is working because I can hear the fan going but all of a sudden it is much quieter and the HU can no longer find it.

I can see the light on at the bottom of the unit and across the two top power leads I measure 12V so it should be working.  What could possibly be wrong?  1 day away from lightshow for a local fundraiser for Halloween ... Help!  Please!

Does this sound like anything anyone has run into before?

Much appreciation.

Do a factory reset

Hold the white button down and unplug the unit.

Continue to hold down and plug the unit back up.

When the led flashes fast release- factory restore done.

The fan doesn’t mean the controller is working.

Trybthe factory reset and post up the results.

Also change your data cable. 

The fan comes and goes.

JR

Also- check that you have not changed your max unit ID to something lower than the pixie16’s highest unit ID 

HU- top right corner “max unit ID”

JR

5 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Also- check that you have not changed your max unit ID to something lower than the pixie16’s highest unit ID 

HU- top right corner “max unit ID”

JR

Had a technician look at the board and he narrowed the issues down to inside the DSPIC33EP512MU810-I/PT microprocessor.

Not much to do except replace the board.

My lightshow (which is a fundraiser for the local arts community) is supposed to start tonight :S

Good times.

Something went wrong on your end.

I have built over 100 now, helped hundreds of people with theirs and have never seen a failure other that a user mistake.

Accidentally or unknowingly connecting the controller directly to the Ethernet port are the only errors that were terminal to the board.

When doing fundraisers it’s always a good point to have a spare of everything if it’s that critical.

Best of luck with your show. 

JR

The board was working for about a month.  When we loaded it up on Saturday and ran a soak test it died about 2 hours in.  Nothing unusual going on ... it just stopped working.

Has anyone ever replaced the PIC on a board?  How would the Pixie Config/Code get loaded onto a PIC that we would replace onto the Pixie16D board?

FYI ... The PIC microcontroller was the problem and the unit has been replaced.

LOR took really good care of us and got us an emergency replacement within a couple of days.  Really good service and they were VERY understanding of my panic situation.  I am very pleased by the level of support both from LOR and from these forums.

1 hour ago, filetme said:

LOR took really good care of us and got us an emergency replacement within a couple of days.  Really good service and they were VERY understanding of my panic situation.  I am very pleased by the level of support both from LOR and from these forums.

I have been reading this forum for about eight years.  I cant tell you how many times I have seem a post similar to this.  LOR customer service is second to none.

Glad you are back up.

• The topic was locked