Light-O-Rama Forums

Brand new Pixie8D won’t power pixels on LOR 25x8 Pixel tree

answerman4109

I ordered 3 brand new Pixie8D controllers with outdoor enclosures and dongles from LOR and received them yesterday. Today I am trying to swap out 3 old controllers that quit working. The 50 light strings were the older version 4 prong connectors so I swapped the controllers from the old to the new controller. When I plugged the new controller in to the old light strings only a few lights lit up on each string (it was random lights on each string) and some flashed odd looking colors, something is clearly wrong. I also plugged the new controller into a brand new 50 light string that I got from LOR in the same shipment as the controllers and the new string did the same thing. Please help, any suggestions?

Different chip type.  Did you configure the new controllers with the chip type for the old strings when you tested them?

Thanks Jim. I used LOR support to figure out my issue. I made an expensive mistake. I didn’t realize my old controllers for my old Pixie 8’s had 5 volt power supplies and the new controllers are 12volt.Fried 9 or 10 5v strings in the process.  Ugg.. any idea where I can get some 5v power supplies to replace the ones that have gone bad?

Ouch!

Lots of sources for 5V power supplies.  Almost all of the pixel vendors have power supplies.  I generally get them from Ray Wu in China, but it is a little close to set up time for that.  If you need links, I can do so when I get back to my normal computer.

Yes ouch! Yes I would appreciate a few links where I could get them fairly quickly if possible.

Thanks!! Chuck

• The topic was locked