Light-O-Rama Forums

Network Preferences can't find PixCon16

CKSedg

I have had a Pixcon16 for three years. I used it most recently for my 4th of July show this year.

Now it won't control any lights, and I cannot connect to it via Network Preferences. When I click on "Find/Configure Pixcon16," the following box comes up.

image.png.161bfcac9d5c853955cabfb703afd5e2.png

I press OK and this box comes up:

image.png.3ec19935935fd19c4d3574b943fb4805.png

It says to select the same Network Adapter that is connected to the same network as your PixCon16. It is, as there is no other choice in the drop-down menu. Pressing "Search Again" takes me around in a circle over and over.

I have never had this happen before with the PixCon16. 

What am I missing? Thanks for your help!

Is the status light on the Ethernet connector on the PixCon16 showing a connection and activity?  Same question on the switch or router (or the PC if you are directly connected)?

When plugged directly into the computer and the PixCon16 to use the Network Preferences, the light on the PixCon16 is blinking.

When plugged into the red 485 adapter, and one of the other ports on the PixCon16, the light on the PixCon16 is solid; but it still won't control the lights.

I think...the Find Pixcon16 button might be just for E1.31 connections, not the RS485. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. For the RS485, first make sure you are plugged into the correct Pixcon16 port since the E1.31 ports look identical. Secondly, if you are using the RS485 and using the Red USB/RS485 adapter, perhaps you need to insure its selected as an "Enhanced" port as opposed to a standard port. Back on E1.31, I've run into an issue for years that I usually have to disable the other ethernet connection that goes to the internet in order for LOR to be able to find my Pixcon16's.

• 4 weeks later...

I solved the above issue: I found my new router had changed the IP Address for the PixCon16. Got that fixed.

Now I am having another problem with the PixCon16. I added more lights and connected them to the left side of the PixCon16, along with the lights that were already there. They worked fine, but flickered too much, so I added a power supply to the right side, configured the right side ports for the new lights; but now NOTHING works on the PixCon16. I didn't change the left side lights at all, but they don't work either.

I can still connect to the PixCon16, and all the lights work on the test mode (pushing the button on the controller, as well as from the Network Preferences); but they software will not control them. All my lights that are NOT on the PixCon16 work fine.

I don't think I've changed anything else! Can anyone think of something for me to try? I don't think I did anything to the board, but if I did, would the test mode still work? I'm almost to panic mode.

Thanks,

Criag

I have factory reset my PixCon16 about five times today. I can connect and configure the ports fine. I can control the lights in test mode--both from the board itself and from the computer.

But I cannot made them work with a sequence. I have verified that the addresses on the PixCon14 and the preview match. I have a ticket open with LOR help desk, but haven't heard back from them since they sent me their checklist. I have meticulously followed the checklist, but still--it won't control lights. 

Any suggestions?

Craig

The LOR Help Desk was very good at helping me with this. I got it working--partially.

The PixCon16 will now control the lights, but all the lights it controls flash or blink, instead of being on steady when they should. Still don't know what is going on.

"Flicker" may be a better word.

Happy Thanksgiving! My lights go on tonight, but I'm still having a problem:

My RGB lights play fine from the Sequencer; but when I play the exact same sequence in a SHOW, all the RGBs flicker.

Anyone have any ideas?

• The topic was locked