Light-O-Rama Forums

Daisy chain issues

DJOHNSON

I’m new here to the forums and this is my first post so I hope I’m in the right place. I have 2 pixie 4’s daisy chained together set to Unit ID 1 and Unit ID 2 respectively. When I open the HU and begin testing it seems as if certain ports on the 2 separate controllers are linked. For example, Controller 1 Port 2 makes Controller 2 Port 1 lights come on. I’ve been scrolling the forum and google for a couple of days now to no avail. Has anyone else ever had this problem before? Solutions? I’ve tried resetting both controllers and even daisy chained a Pixie 16 I have to test with the same result. Any help is greatly appreciated 

All 4 of your tickets to the help desk have been replied to, btw. You might check your spam filters.

--

With the Pixie based smart pixel controllers (CCB-II, CCC-II, CCP-II, CCR-II, Pixie 2D, Pixie 4D, Pixie 8D and Pixie 16D), each port (or smart pixel string) is assigned a Unit ID.
Set the Unit ID of the first port (think of it as the base Unit ID) and it will automagically assign consecutive Unit IDs to the rest of the ports.

10 hours ago, DJOHNSON said:

I’m new here to the forums and this is my first post so I hope I’m in the right place. I have 2 pixie 4’s daisy chained together set to Unit ID 1 and Unit ID 2 respectively. When I open the HU and begin testing it seems as if certain ports on the 2 separate controllers are linked. For example, Controller 1 Port 2 makes Controller 2 Port 1 lights come on. I’ve been scrolling the forum and google for a couple of days now to no avail. Has anyone else ever had this problem before? Solutions? I’ve tried resetting both controllers and even daisy chained a Pixie 16 I have to test with the same result. Any help is greatly appreciated 

Here is some help. If I wasnt in the middle of Halloween stuff I could help you but if you watch the video and perhaps read some of my 200 steps in this thread you will be up and running. 

It doesnt matter what pixie 2/4/8/16 you have just replace the Unit IDs with the pixie model you have.

Even though I created that in S4 I am now also using S5 and the same process can be applied.

If you cant get it shoot me a PM and be specific and I will answer your questions.  You see what time it is now. More than likely you would receive a very early or very late reply with perhaps no reply in the middle of this time frame. Long days setting up Halloween.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

• The topic was locked