Light-O-Rama Forums

Firmware update question

bdwillie

I have a few controllers (all gen 3) that I would like to update the firmware.  A few have dedicated on/off only channels for things that won't dim.  IF I upgrade the firmware will that wipe the on/off only setting?  Easy enough to redo again, just curious before I head to the workshop.

Unless you have a specific problem that NEEDS a FW update I would leave it alone. In the unlikely event that something does go wrong it's very close to show time to get it fixed.

• 2 months later...

What is the version of Firmware you need to run a Pixie 16 daisy chained with 3 Gen 3 controllers?  Right now only my pixie 16 is working, no regular controllers are running the other lights.

Thanks!

Confirm that you are running a 500K Enhanced LOR network?  I don't know what firmware version it is, but if the AC controllers are more than a couple years old, that is likely the issue.  Firmware update one to whatever the current version is.  If that takes care of it, update the other two.

Note that your LOR install includes all the firmware files, however if you are running 5.3.10, as your profile states, that may not be the latest.  It should be new enough.  However you can also manually download from:  http://www1.lightorama.com/firmware-updates/

Just an update for you...I did update the firmware on all the controllers and BAM!  It works like a champ!  I did update the network to run the 500k Enhanced network.

I updated from firmware 1.06 to 1.11 with no problems...

Thanks!