Light-O-Rama Forums

Roll back S5 to S4

EdV

Yes and no.

If you have unchanged S4 sequences, just uninstall and reinstall S4.

If you have made new S5 sequences or added to converted S4 sequences, probably not. There is a new export to lms feature now in S5, but I can't say how well it works. I do know it will not bring any motion effects out.

I can’t get S5 to turn on my lights. The Control Lights button is on.  The Hardware Utility can turn them on but not the S5 sequencer. Any ideas about that?

54 minutes ago, EdV said:

I can’t get S5 to turn on my lights. The Control Lights button is on.  The Hardware Utility can turn them on but not the S5 sequencer. Any ideas about that?

You need to provide a lot more information than you have already to get some assistance with why your lights wont come on.

HU is not a show runner or starter. It is a back door to test your controllers and lights in the simplest of ways. 

There is a lot more to do than just transfer a sequence from S4 to S5 so please provide what you have done, what you are trying to control etc. 

JR

I’m just trying to control ac lights. I have tried new props done in S5. It seems like the sequencer is not communicating with the controllers.

7 hours ago, EdV said:

I’m just trying to control ac lights. I have tried new props done in S5. It seems like the sequencer is not communicating with the controllers.

Try opening your S4 file in S5 Sequence editor and for the Preview mode, select default.

You want there to be no items in the upper right window of unmatched and you want to see all of your items in the lower right corner with a green check mark.

Just now, PhilMassey said:

Are your networks set up in Network Preferences.

Yes.

What color should the light bulb in the lower right corner of the S5 sequencer be?

27 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Red with no schedule enabled.

Blue with a schedule enabled.

Orange for a show on demand.

Not the bulb in the system tray but actually in the corner of the S5 sequencer. 

3 minutes ago, EdV said:

Do I need to upgrade the firmware in my controllers?

One is a 16PC-G3 Ver 4.32 the other is a CTB16PC Ver 4.32.

Sorry that is

One is a 16PC-G3 Ver 1.06 the other is a CTB16PC Ver 4.32.

Edited by EdV

I doubt firmware is the issue.

If you make a show of your old S4 LMS files in show editor in S5 they should play.

50 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

I doubt firmware is the issue.

If you make a show of your old S4 LMS files in show editor in S5 they should play.

I tried but still no go. Ready to pull my hair out!!!!

On 10/10/2020 at 3:03 PM, EdV said:

Sorry that is

One is a 16PC-G3 Ver 1.06 the other is a CTB16PC Ver 4.32.

Don't know about the G3, but the other CTB16PC with FW V.4.32 is the highest available for a V2 AC Controller.

However, there is one thing that comes to mind, which controller is connected in line as the first controller?

Also what speed is your network set at for the CTB16PC controllers, is it set at 500K and Enhanced or Not enhanced?

The G3 can run at 500K Enhanced, however, the older V2 unit CAN NOT.  It can only run under a Regular Network, NON-Enhanced and no more than 115K speeds.    So this could also be causing you issues if you have your network set for faster speeds that the older controller can't handle, and if the older controller is first in line, and the network is set at that 500K Enhanced or 500K Non-enhanced, neither controller will function because the older unit, again, can not operate at 500K or Enhanced.   You'd need to separate the two controllers onto separate networks or lower the speed to 115K and remove the Enhanced if on, then both the G3 and older G2 {V2} Controller will work together properly on the same network.

This is the only thing I can think of that might actually be creating your problem after reading all the other options and suggestions given.   So you might want to try this and see what happens.

Good luck!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Orville said:

Don't know about the G3, but the other CTB16PC with FW V.4.32 is the highest available for a V2 AC Controller.

However, there is one thing that comes to mind, which controller is connected in line as the first controller?

Also what speed is your network set at for the CTB16PC controllers, is it set at 500K and Enhanced or Not enhanced?

The G3 can run at 500K Enhanced, however, the older V2 unit CAN NOT.  It can only run under a Regular Network, NON-Enhanced and no more than 115K speeds.    So this could also be causing you issues if you have your network set for faster speeds that the older controller can't handle, and if the older controller is first in line, and the network is set at that 500K Enhanced or 500K Non-enhanced, neither controller will function because the older unit, again, can not operate at 500K or Enhanced.   You'd need to separate the two controllers onto separate networks or lower the speed to 115K and remove the Enhanced if on, then both the G3 and older G2 {V2} Controller will work together properly on the same network.

This is the only thing I can think of that might actually be creating your problem after reading all the other options and suggestions given.   So you might want to try this and see what happens.

Good luck!

I believe this will be the OPs problem.

V3 and earlier Gens do not play well if at all together.

JR

22 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I believe this will be the OPs problem.

V3 and earlier Gens do not play well if at all together.

JR

I've read they will play fine as long as the Network is set up for the older CTB16PC AC Controller, but I do believe you may also lose some of the G3's features {but can't say for certain on that since I don't own a G3 CTB16PC}.   But I've read where others have both G3's and older V2 CTB16PC controllers on the same network and work together.