Jump to content

Roll back S5 to S4


EdV
 Share

Recommended Posts

Is there a way to go back to S4 from S5?

i can’t get my lights to come on in S5. Everything worked fine in S4
Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes and no.

If you have unchanged S4 sequences, just uninstall and reinstall S4.

If you have made new S5 sequences or added to converted S4 sequences, probably not. There is a new export to lms feature now in S5, but I can't say how well it works. I do know it will not bring any motion effects out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I should also add that S5 will play your old S4 sequences, if that makes a difference to your plans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can’t get S5 to turn on my lights. The Control Lights button is on.  The Hardware Utility can turn them on but not the S5 sequencer. Any ideas about that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, EdV said:

I can’t get S5 to turn on my lights. The Control Lights button is on.  The Hardware Utility can turn them on but not the S5 sequencer. Any ideas about that?

You need to provide a lot more information than you have already to get some assistance with why your lights wont come on.

HU is not a show runner or starter. It is a back door to test your controllers and lights in the simplest of ways. 

There is a lot more to do than just transfer a sequence from S4 to S5 so please provide what you have done, what you are trying to control etc. 

JR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m just trying to control ac lights. I have tried new props done in S5. It seems like the sequencer is not communicating with the controllers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jay Czerwinski
7 hours ago, EdV said:

I’m just trying to control ac lights. I have tried new props done in S5. It seems like the sequencer is not communicating with the controllers.

Try opening your S4 file in S5 Sequence editor and for the Preview mode, select default.

 

You want there to be no items in the upper right window of unmatched and you want to see all of your items in the lower right corner with a green check mark.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, PhilMassey said:

Are your networks set up in Network Preferences.

Yes.

What color should the light bulb in the lower right corner of the S5 sequencer be?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Red with no schedule enabled.

Blue with a schedule enabled.

Orange for a show on demand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Red with no schedule enabled.

Blue with a schedule enabled.

Orange for a show on demand.

Not the bulb in the system tray but actually in the corner of the S5 sequencer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The bulb is supposed to be on the task bar. If not there, you must enable the control panel or tray in S5.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do I need to upgrade the firmware in my controllers?

One is a 16PC-G3 Ver 4.32 the other is a CTB16PC Ver 4.32.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, EdV said:

Do I need to upgrade the firmware in my controllers?

One is a 16PC-G3 Ver 4.32 the other is a CTB16PC Ver 4.32.

Sorry that is

One is a 16PC-G3 Ver 1.06 the other is a CTB16PC Ver 4.32.

Edited by EdV
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I doubt firmware is the issue.

If you make a show of your old S4 LMS files in show editor in S5 they should play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

I doubt firmware is the issue.

If you make a show of your old S4 LMS files in show editor in S5 they should play.

I tried but still no go. Ready to pull my hair out!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2020 at 3:03 PM, EdV said:

Sorry that is

One is a 16PC-G3 Ver 1.06 the other is a CTB16PC Ver 4.32.

Don't know about the G3, but the other CTB16PC with FW V.4.32 is the highest available for a V2 AC Controller.

However, there is one thing that comes to mind, which controller is connected in line as the first controller?

Also what speed is your network set at for the CTB16PC controllers, is it set at 500K and Enhanced or Not enhanced?

The G3 can run at 500K Enhanced, however, the older V2 unit CAN NOT.  It can only run under a Regular Network, NON-Enhanced and no more than 115K speeds.    So this could also be causing you issues if you have your network set for faster speeds that the older controller can't handle, and if the older controller is first in line, and the network is set at that 500K Enhanced or 500K Non-enhanced, neither controller will function because the older unit, again, can not operate at 500K or Enhanced.   You'd need to separate the two controllers onto separate networks or lower the speed to 115K and remove the Enhanced if on, then both the G3 and older G2 {V2} Controller will work together properly on the same network.

This is the only thing I can think of that might actually be creating your problem after reading all the other options and suggestions given.   So you might want to try this and see what happens.

Good luck!

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Orville said:

Don't know about the G3, but the other CTB16PC with FW V.4.32 is the highest available for a V2 AC Controller.

However, there is one thing that comes to mind, which controller is connected in line as the first controller?

Also what speed is your network set at for the CTB16PC controllers, is it set at 500K and Enhanced or Not enhanced?

The G3 can run at 500K Enhanced, however, the older V2 unit CAN NOT.  It can only run under a Regular Network, NON-Enhanced and no more than 115K speeds.    So this could also be causing you issues if you have your network set for faster speeds that the older controller can't handle, and if the older controller is first in line, and the network is set at that 500K Enhanced or 500K Non-enhanced, neither controller will function because the older unit, again, can not operate at 500K or Enhanced.   You'd need to separate the two controllers onto separate networks or lower the speed to 115K and remove the Enhanced if on, then both the G3 and older G2 {V2} Controller will work together properly on the same network.

This is the only thing I can think of that might actually be creating your problem after reading all the other options and suggestions given.   So you might want to try this and see what happens.

Good luck!

 

I believe this will be the OPs problem.

V3 and earlier Gens do not play well if at all together.

JR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I believe this will be the OPs problem.

V3 and earlier Gens do not play well if at all together.

JR

I've read they will play fine as long as the Network is set up for the older CTB16PC AC Controller, but I do believe you may also lose some of the G3's features {but can't say for certain on that since I don't own a G3 CTB16PC}.   But I've read where others have both G3's and older V2 CTB16PC controllers on the same network and work together.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Orville said:

I've read they will play fine as long as the Network is set up for the older CTB16PC AC Controller, but I do believe you may also lose some of the G3's features {but can't say for certain on that since I don't own a G3 CTB16PC}.   But I've read where others have both G3's and older V2 CTB16PC controllers on the same network and work together.

 

I never had any luck with my G3's and G1 or G2. That is why I gave away all of my old stuff as I upgraded all to G3.

JR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I never had any luck with my G3's and G1 or G2. That is why I gave away all of my old stuff as I upgraded all to G3.

JR

I guess like everything, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  As in some folks can get them to work together and others have issues.   Just like with the "Save As" in saving new changes to a sequence, I and others use it and never had issues, but others have had problems using it.

You'd think it would work the same all the way across the board for everyone, but for some strange reason, fate has other plans and it just doesn't work the same for everyone.   Yet another reason my signature tag line was born. LOL

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Orville said:

I guess like everything, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  As in some folks can get them to work together and others have issues.   Just like with the "Save As" in saving new changes to a sequence, I and others use it and never had issues, but others have had problems using it.

You'd think it would work the same all the way across the board for everyone, but for some strange reason, fate has other plans and it just doesn't work the same for everyone.   Yet another reason my signature tag line was born. LOL

 

You should see me with S5. If Phil wasnt on the phone and replicating what was going on with my system absolutely no one would believe it. Must be the Alabama atmosphere and water. LOL

JR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...