Light-O-Rama Forums

First few lights not working

jrs251@troycable.net

I have set up my RGB bullet lights in the hardware utility and they tested perfectly. i have the correct number of strings and nodes in my sequencing preview but when I test the preview the first few lights do not come on. What causes this and what is the fix?

9 hours ago, jrs251@troycable.net said:

I have set up my RGB bullet lights in the hardware utility and they tested perfectly. i have the correct number of strings and nodes in my sequencing preview but when I test the preview the first few lights do not come on. What causes this and what is the fix?

Are you sure you have actual lighting commands at those locations in the sequence?   Sounds to me there aren't any commands telling those lights what to do within the sequence, if that is what you're referring too.   That's the only way I can think of that lights on an RGB Strand won't turn on when played back in the sequencer.    If the blocks are empty, those lights won't come on until the sequence hits an area that has the lights doing something, on, fade, shimmer, etc.

I thought the same thing. That maybe in the motion effect generator those lights were not selected. But then I just selected for that strand to be "ON" and the strand will come on except for the first few lights. What is weird is that it is not the same number of lights. For one of my arch props it is 7 lights not coming on and for one of my small christmas tree props it is 4. When I play them in the preview every light is on.

Christmas 2020-2020-10-05.png

3 minutes ago, jrs251@troycable.net said:

I thought the same thing. That maybe in the motion effect generator those lights were not selected. But then I just selected for that strand to be "ON" and the strand will come on except for the first few lights. What is weird is that it is not the same number of lights. For one of my arch props it is 7 lights not coming on and for one of my small christmas tree props it is 4. When I play them in the preview every light is on.

Only thing I can think of is that when you set up your strands, did you set the correct number of bulbs for each strand?  If you missed some by selecting the wrong number, I can see how this might happen in that instance.   Other than this or what I had mentioned before, I don't know what else could cause this issue.   

I've only played around with S5 now for a couple of weeks, so I'm not as well versed in it as some others here.  Hopefully if they know of anything else to look for with your issue they'll chime in here and give you some additional help to resolve it.

Yep. the arches are one strand of 50 nodes and that is what is set in the preview. I even tried to change the number of nodes just to see if that would work but it still skips those first few lights. 

Thank you for replying. I also have a ticket in at the the help desk so maybe I can get an answer.

9 minutes ago, jrs251@troycable.net said:

Yep. the arches are one strand of 50 nodes and that is what is set in the preview. I even tried to change the number of nodes just to see if that would work but it still skips those first few lights. 

Thank you for replying. I also have a ticket in at the the help desk so maybe I can get an answer.

Wish I could have been of more help.  However, the LOR folks are awesome at getting things corrected.

Good Luck and hope you get those non-working lights all working soon.

you didnt mention mention which controller you are using or mode, but make sure it is configured to match the number of lights per channel.   I had a similar issue at one point using 50 light stings when it expected 100 (or vice versa, I forget).

• The topic was locked