Light-O-Rama Forums

Hardware Utility Question

redsea300

I was playing around with the hardware utility. I am going to run just music during off hours and call it show #3. Do i have to import song into LOR and put in a blank sequence. I wasn't able just to add a MP3 song from windows media player direct.
Thanks in advance
Don Christman
I have rewoked our web page and added pictures of command central if interested.

redsea300 wrote:

I was playing around with the hardware utility. I am going to run just music during off hours and call it show #3. Do i have to import song into LOR and put in a blank sequence. I wasn't able just to add a MP3 song from windows media player direct.
Thanks in advance
Don Christman
I have rewoked our web page and added pictures of command central if interested.

There are many ways to run music during the 'off-hours'. One way is as you mentioned, create a blank musical sequence with the song(s) you wish to have playing. Then put those blank sequences into a show, and have it play after hours.

There are some other programs out there that will accomplish this, but I since I don't run music after hours, I've not kept up with them.

RedSea, myself and others do this with ZaraRadio. Search for the threads on ZaraRadio and see if you think you want to use it. The program is free, but worth as much as other DJ programs that cost $200 or more.

Guest wbottomley

redsea300 wrote:

I am only running a lor1602mp3 ( no computer attached) will this still work in my situattion?

Yes... but difficult.

I only had music to play an hour before and 3 hours after the show.

Thanks for the advice. I am running 8 songs on a loop with Demented elf promo between each song. I just made up sequences with no animation and loaded it works great. Thanks I also added Demented Elf Promo to our home page on our website. He is the best fast and great quality!!!! Thanks again Kevin

taybrynn wrote:

I've been messing around with ZaraRadio ... and that is one awesome program !!

Thanks!!!!
Scott

Yup, that is why I like it so well. And you can't beat a price of .... FREE !
It works especially nice if you use it to play Christmas music before and after your shows since it has events to start and stop itself automatically at a time you select... or some folks (like me) use the DTMF tones to instruct it when to start.

I should also mention again for people who want to use it but have Vista installed. There is no update for Vista, so you have to run it on Windows XP or 2000. I've gotten it to work on Vista during experimentation but the process was too tricky. For my LOR computer, I use XP anyway.