Light-O-Rama Forums

Using a CMB-24D on a E131 network

MikeToo

Are you referring to the HolidayCoro web site or the LOR web site?  I've been all over the HC web site and am comfortable I have "wired" everything as defined in their material.  They think it is an LOR issue... I tested 2 LOR controller with the 485 USB Dongle... the CMB24D works just fine. 
When connecting to the HC controller, nothing works....

The web interface for the alphapix. Whats the IP adress?

Type that into the browser to pull the configuration page. Make sure the DMX output is set to ON and assign it a universe 

On 9/6/2020 at 1:58 PM, MikeToo said:

So, I'm still here trying to get the my AlphaPix Evolution to talk to the CMB24D.  The AlphaPix has a RS485 interface.  It is a 3-pos screw terminal pos1 = "DMX+", pos 2 = "DMX-" and pos 3 = "gnd".  Doc for the AlphaPix says the Cat5 BLUE wire is goes into pos 1 and the BLUE/WHT wire goes into pos 2.  DONE. doesn't work (Red LED on CMB24D continues to flash).   Tried swapping the BLUE and BLUE/WHITE wires... not change.  (BTW the LOR/DMX jumpers are set to LOR). My CMB24D is 3-4 yrs old.  Is it possible the firmware needs to be updates?

If the CMB24 has the jumpers set to LOR, then the data from the AlphaPix needs to be on pins 4 & 5.  If the jumpers are set to DMX, then the data from the AlphaPix needs to be on pins 1 & 2.  When you have it correct AND the AlphaPix is spitting out DMX data, then the status light on the CMB24 will change from blinking to solid.

As Nuno... said, connect your web browser to the AlphaPix web interface and verify that it is configured to spit out DMX data on the RS-485 interface.  And no, I can't help you at all on the AlphaPix configuration.

On 9/6/2020 at 1:58 PM, MikeToo said:

Does the CMB24D need to be configured somehow to enable operation on a DMS net? How do you connect your AlphaPix to your LOR controller?

Nothing needs to be done to the CMB24 in order for it to process DMX commands.  And I don't have an AlphaPix.

• The topic was locked