Light-O-Rama Forums

Question about CMB16D-QC DC Card

Bwright0912

I am wanting to buy CMB 16D-QC card and read the manual and surf the internet and still can’t find info about the voltage input, when I enlarge the picture of the card it says 60VDC 20 amp max,  the question is do I have to use a 60VDC input even though all my items are only 12vdc so could I use a 12vdc 20 amp input instead?

28D2F299-9467-46F7-A58A-8E0779B749BD.jpeg

Edited by Bwright0912
Add picture

NO!!!!

The voltage supplied to the card MUST match the voltage needed by the lights.  The 60 volts is the max rated for the card (not that I have ever seen 60 volt lights).  Also note that the two sides of the card do not need to be the same.  For example, you could have 24 volt lights and power supply on one side and 12 volt lights and power supply on the other.

If you look at the PC board, you can follow the connections from the inputs to the outputs.  On the positive side, the only things in between input and output is the fuses.

12 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

NO!!!!

The voltage supplied to the card MUST match the voltage needed by the lights.  The 60 volts is the max rated for the card (not that I have ever seen 60 volt lights).  Also note that the two sides of the card do not need to be the same.  For example, you could have 24 volt lights and power supply on one side and 12 volt lights and power supply on the other.

If you look at the PC board, you can follow the connections from the inputs to the outputs.  On the positive side, the only things in between input and output is the fuses.

Thank you so much that really clears things up for me I really appreciate your reply!!!

Usually on many LOR cards with 'banks', there is one 'bank' power input that needs to be 9V or higher, because that 'bank' also powers the board. Need to run both at 5V, then you use the barell connector with a 12V DC wall wort.

Nothing special other than center is +