Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24D Not Playing from SE

scodavis

Hello everyone,

Today I brought in my CMB24D so I could start testing my Dumb RGB pixels.

In my office, I have my programming computer and a USB485-ISO dual port adapter.  In the adapter outputs, I have a cable going to:

• A Pixie2-based rgb smart pixel star
  • A Pixie2-based rgb smart bulbs (2 x 50)

I unhooked the wire to the smart bulbs and plugged in my CMB24D.  I have the Comm Listener running, Visualizer on, and my Sequence Editor open with a test sequence.  Channels and networks are set correctly.  However, the CMB24D constantly flashes red.  The Pixel Star, on the other hand, works perfectly.

Making matters even more confusing - when I close everything down and run the Hardware Editor, and do a scan, it detects both controllers, the CMB24D light goes solid red, and I can control the channels no problem.

When I exit Hardware Editor, the CMB24D light resumes blinking and does not go steady when I start the Comm Listener and SE.

As troubleshooting, I have tried:

• Rebooting the CMB24D controller
  • Unplugging/plugging in the USB adapter
  • Switching the two Ethernet cables in the USB adapter, and only running one at a time
  • Switching the Ethernet cable to the CMB24D to the other port on the controller
  • Confirmed the controller is running the most recent version
  • Confirmed that the network (Aux A) setting is correct, and confirmed that the Unit ID is correct.  But even if these aren't, I believe the light should still go solid.

None of these steps changes the outcome at all.

My show has 20 controllers - I've never had this happen - what's going on?

-Scott

How is the network set up in Network Config?  Primarily looking for speed and enhanced vs non-enhanced.

5 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

How is the network set up in Network Config?  Primarily looking for speed and enhanced vs non-enhanced.

That was it - it was set to 1000K (non-enhanced) for the Pixie.  I forgot that the CMB24D didn't support that speed.  Dropped it down to 500K and now everything is working properly.

Thank you, Jim!  Hope all is well with you!

-Scott

Remember that the CMB24 will handle an Enhanced network just fine, so you could go to 500K Enhanced.

10 hours ago, scodavis said:

That was it - it was set to 1000K (non-enhanced) for the Pixie.  I forgot that the CMB24D didn't support that speed.  Dropped it down to 500K and now everything is working properly.

Thank you, Jim!  Hope all is well with you!

-Scott

last I knew and still in NP - 1000K is for the Pixcon16 only

JR

22 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

last I knew and still in NP - 1000K is for the Pixcon16 only

JR

I use the 1000K speed for my Pixie2 controllers and they work great.  Also works on the Pixie 4, 8, and 16.  Here is the LOR list showing what supports what speeds:

http://www1.lightorama.com/network-speeds/

• The topic was locked