Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR S5 Training

Don

In December of 2004 an article appeared in the newspaper (a lot of people read them back then) about Christmas light fanatics driving people crazy. It was then that my obsession with Light-O-Rama was born. My first home display was in 2005, and my first commercial job was in 2008.

Since that time I've watch Light-O-Rama software from at least version 1.6.0, up to the latest and greatest S5 family of software. 

Now it's time for me to start learning S5. See, it might have been out for a while, but I've been putting off as long as possible on learning it. This changes today, and you are all welcome to come with me.

I will be putting on a series of educational webinars detailing my journey into learning the new software. The purpose of these webinars will be two fold. 

1) To educate myself on the new software.
2) To see what works in regards for a future paid version of these videos.

The webinars that I will be doing now are at no cost for you to attend. The days and times of the webinars are going to be somewhat random, though I will work to find a schedule that works for most people. All webinars will be recorded, though you must be registered to get access to the recordings.

REGISTER HERE:  https://syncxmas.com/s5train

Don,

I'm with you. Started kicking S5 around in January but set it aside. Now I am going to test it running my corona show. Its working with my current show props. I will not use it daily since I have sequencing tasks but at least it can run my show.

I will gladly join your webinar. 

Registered!

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Thanks, JR!

The first session is scheduled. The announcement goes out at 10:30 am Eastern on Tuesday.

• Like 1

Thanks for doing this Don.  S5 has been very daunting for me when I installed it some time back and went back to S4

Hoping your videos will help me possibly migrate over to S5, since it does have a lot more options for RGB criteria.  Looking forward to your webinars.

Registered.

@Don

I registered, but I am NOT keen on having to check the I agree to receive email updates and promotions.

Please do not send me spam!

1 hour ago, gsmith37064 said:

@Don

I registered, but I am NOT keen on having to check the I agree to receive email updates and promotions.

Just check the darn box already! LOL

JR

2 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

@Don

18 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

JR

Totally agree JR.    I'm not fond of doing that either, but Don is being gracious enough to offer this at no cost to anyone that wants to learn S5.   So that little check box to me is well worth it.   I figure what Don {although I could be wrong} will use that check box for is to send out info from his Synchronized Christmas website of what he offers.  Just my "best guess" and perhaps to see if one is serious enough to want to register and take this particular course he's offering by checking that box off.

I'm looking forward to his webinar classes, because hopefully afterward, I'll feel more comfortable in moving on from S4 to S5.

46 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

JR

Learn to read JR. It clearly says that I did but I am not keen on it.

12 minutes ago, Don said:

Blame Europe for that.

https://gdpr-info.eu/

Geez, when did the EU start telling us how to do things on US business or US owned websites?  I thought that was specifically for those folks across the sea, but seems everything always somehow trickles down into our stuff here in the US.   Why we put up with this stuff is beyond me.

But thanks for the link and how the explanation shows us as to why it's there.

Edited by Orville

32 minutes ago, gsmith37064 said:

Learn to read JR. It clearly says that I did but I am not keen on it.

I know, just jerking your chain. But yeah when I first read it I read right through that part. See you in school.

Back to sequencing. 

JR

22 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I know, just jerking your chain. But yeah when I first read it I read right through that part. See you in school.

Back to sequencing. 

JR

I know a lot about S5 now, but always up for learning new tricks and or short cuts.

3 minutes ago, gsmith37064 said:

I know a lot about S5 now, but always up for learning new tricks and or short cuts.

As you probably saw, this first session is going to be pretty basic. :) You probably know more about S5 than I do right now. *shrug*

4 minutes ago, Don said:

As you probably saw, this first session is going to be pretty basic. :) You probably know more about S5 than I do right now. *shrug*

That's okay. I can help you get to know some of the basics as well. Who knows, you might hit on a point that I am not aware of and we will learn something together.

So no need to shrug. It's all good!! Just make sure to install 5.4.2 (latest)

2 of the best features are the flip horizontal and vertical paste options for pixel users. I use the heck out of these.

Edited by gsmith37064

FYI:

If you are signed up for the S5 training, an email will be going out at 7pm Eastern (6 Central.) It will have the connection details of the webinar.

If you are not yet registered, and want to get in on this webinar series, get registered now.
https://syncxmas.com/s5train

All of this stay home stuff had me confused, thought this was tomorrow.   Will catch you live for the next one...   

Sorry was late getting in, had to download the software before I could access, thought I go to the computer early enough, but not knowing I would need to do that put me in late.

First class was great, learned some good stuff.  Before I move on to S5, I'm going to try and play around with some of the lessons being learned in the S4 PE, then if I can finally master that, then will I feel comfortable enough to possibly move up to the next version of the LOR Software {S5}.

Thank you very much for these LOR S5 classes Don.  I do believe they will be a great help to those of us considering moving to S5.  I still prefer S4 at the moment, but after these classes, that might very well change my mind. :)

Don - Great seminar.

i forgot I couldn’t work on the same computer as watching the seminar so a quick change from computer to tv was I order.

It cost me the first few mins of the preview build but I have plenty of previews on the S5 laptop.

I was hoping to put some faces with names, not sure how it works though.

Thanks again.

JR

• The topic was locked