Light-O-Rama Forums

Problems between MP3 Show Director and controller id 0D? Anyone?

Paul Roberson

I have a Firefly unit with the id of 0D, 0E, 0F. For those who don't know 1 FF unit when assigned a unit also takes the next two id's also. My FF units have id's of 0A,B,C and 0D,E,F and 1A,B,C and 1D,E,F

I have 4 FF units and all work fine with the MP3 Showtime Director except for this specific unit id. I have swapped unit id's with another unit and it is still 0D,0E,0F that has the problem.

That unit missed alot of the lighting commands and after using it with the MP3 Showtime Director requires a power cycle for D-Lights HWU to discover (locate) it.

For anyone who cares.

I changed the FF unit ID from 0D,0E,0F to 2A,2B,2C(the next hex I had open), and the Showtime MP3 director did not lose the FF unit again.

Not sure if the problem is with FF or MP3 Director.

Sounds like you got it working, so you added 192 channels of FF, how hard is it to program that thing, I am wating to see a tutorial on how progamming is done before I dive in. I am pretty new to this whole Synchrinized Deal so Im not going to get these right away, it would be nice if LOR came out with a more convient way to program FF. Im not sure how I would do setting each of the three channels to a certain percentage to get the color I want.

Well there was another firmware update that helped some with other issues. However now with the Showtime MP3 Director ff cont 0D,0E,0F and ff cont 2A,2B,2C would not work. The other three ff controller id sets worked like running from the computer.

Programming 48 channels for each FF unit can get tedious. Right now I am only working with R,G,B, and W. When some other things get worked out I will do more. Doing colors other than the above you would as you mentioned have to set the intensity of each R,G,B channel for the FF unit. Here is a page where you can scroll thru some colors that show the settings for R,G,B. I am sure there are others out there also. Doing White you just have to have R,G,B on full.

There are still some things getting worked out, but FF is very cool!

Thru more testing today of a FF firmware update I learned something new.

The FF controller 0D,0E,0F worked just fine with the updated firmware. However while doing more testing that particular controller ID quit working again. There were a couple other problems that appeared while testing with the Showtime MP3 Director.

I found that ALL the problems I have found between Showtime MP3 Director and FF was solved with a FF controller power cycle after hooking up the Director.

Just thought I would post my find here in case anyone cares or wants to know if FF works with the Showtime MP3 Director.