Light-O-Rama Forums

"Crosshatches" in Sequence Grid

Star Lord

While sequencing in S5, I realized that I left off the C7 CCBs that go around the garage door.  I added them to my Preview Design and after opening up a sequence to view the new prop, I noticed I couldn't add any effects as it seemed to be locked with the row containing "crosshatches".  I found out how to resolve it with this forum post (thanks Default)

I was wondering if someone could tell me why this occurs?

Thanks,

James

crosshatch.PNG

• 1 month later...

There may be a better answer, but you have created a line with no way to sequence it.  If you create a single channel light (single bulb or string), you can sequence that on the one line.  Same thing for a single RGB channel (either a single RGB bulb or a string of them).  However if you create a prop of many channels, you can't do much from a single line.  You must add additional lines.  Either add Motion Effects Rows or "Enable Channel level on Pixel Prop".  Here is a video I did to explain a couple things specifically for JR.  It should help you as well.

@k6ccc

Jim, when you encounter this, just import your channel config in and it will clear it up in a split second. No waiting and it removes all the crosshatches.

JR and I went over this last night and the quickest solution I found was the channel import.

Select Sequence\Grid Configuation\Import

NOTE: You much have a WORKING backup of your channel config first. 🙃

Edited by gsmith37064

59 minutes ago, gsmith37064 said:

Jim, when you encounter this, just import your channel config in and it will clear it up in a split second. No waiting and it removes all the crosshatches.

Provided your grid import HAS the proper config.  You have to do it once, but once done, you should be able to do as you said and import the grid config into additional sequences.

17 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Provided your grid import HAS the proper config.  You have to do it once, but once done, you should be able to do as you said and import the grid config into additional sequences.

Notice my NOTE in the above comment? 🤣

"NOTE: You much have a WORKING backup of your channel config first. 🙃|"

Once I got my channel config correct, that was the first thing I did. Export it. Saves a lot of headaches later on when you mess up.

2 minutes ago, gsmith37064 said:

Notice my NOTE in the above comment? 🤣

"NOTE: You much have a WORKING backup of your channel config first. 🙃|"

Once I got my channel config correct, that was the first thing I did. Export it. Saves a lot of headaches later on when you mess up.

Same concept as your channel config in S4 and earlier sequences.  You have to build it manually once, but then it's just import it..

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

Same concept as your channel config in S4 and earlier sequences.  You have to build it manually once, but then it's just import it..

Yes you have to build it. I wish it would just magically configure itself. Maybe in S6? 🤣

I would like to think that most have a working channel config after they create their first sequence.

Edited by gsmith37064

• 3 weeks later...

This can be fixed by simply choosing to enable/disable condensed view (click next to Show All Items).  See the attached image.  BTW, thanks go to Don Teague of SynchronizedChristmas.com for teaching me this a couple weeks ago.

LOR Crosshatch solved.png