Light-O-Rama Forums

Need to know something about these Clearance Original 5V 4-wire CCB's

Orville

I know this says dangle included, but does that mean I have to be the one to solder the dangle to the strands? Or is it pre-attached, and ready to just connect to an older CCB100D 5V pixel controller dangle output?  These are the 4 wire 5V bulbs, which is what I need to replace.  And these would be a good deal, but only if the dangle is already attached for me.

These are the bulbs I'm talking about that are on Clearance: Clearance 100 RGB Bulbs Green Wire Original CCB BULBS

Because if I have to attach the dangle, I'll need to go another route to get some replacement strands to go with my controllers.  Already tried repairing strands like these and being legally blind, I just made a total mess of the strand I tried to repair.

So I'm hoping these actually have the dangle attached already, but from the photo and the description "Dangle included for each strand", I'm thinking I may have to connect each one to each of the strands, and that's not something I want to even try doing now.  At least not after attempting to splice in a simple bulb or two.   My skills are just no longer viable for this now.  If I were younger and still had my vision like it used to be, this would not even be an issue for me.   But today, for me, it is a big problem to try and repair or fix much of anything like this.

Thanks to anyone that can clear this up one way or the other.

Edited by Orville
Fix Subject header mispelling of Clearance.

1 hour ago, Orville said:

I know this says dangle included, but does that mean I have to be the one to solder the dangle to the strands? Or is it pre-attached, and ready to just connect to an older CCB100D 5V pixel controller dangle output?  These are the 4 wire 5V bulbs, which is what I need to replace.  And these would be a good deal, but only if the dangle is already attached for me.

These are the bulbs I'm talking about that are on Clearance: Clearance 100 RGB Bulbs Green Wire Original CCB BULBS

Because if I have to attach the dangle, I'll need to go another route to get some replacement strands to go with my controllers.  Already tried repairing strands like these and being legally blind, I just made a total mess of the strand I tried to repair.

So I'm hoping these actually have the dangle attached already, but from the photo and the description "Dangle included for each strand", I'm thinking I may have to connect each one to each of the strands, and that's not something I want to even try doing now.  At least not after attempting to splice in a simple bulb or two.   My skills are just no longer viable for this now.  If I were younger and still had my vision like it used to be, this would not even be an issue for me.   But today, for me, it is a big problem to try and repair or fix much of anything like this.

Thanks to anyone that can clear this up one way or the other.

Usually that mean the Compatible (the mating)  CONTROLLER end is included. You attach that to the Pixie

remember Pixie controllers can only control  1 chip type per controller. LOR does sell compatible EXTENSIONS, but 5V strings don't tolerate very long lines

55 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Usually that mean the Compatible (the mating)  CONTROLLER end is included. You attach that to the Pixie

remember Pixie controllers can only control  1 chip type per controller. LOR does sell compatible EXTENSIONS, but 5V strings don't tolerate very long lines

Thank you for the response, but I'm still confused by your answer. 

Does that mean the bulbs already have a dangle attached to connect directly to the original CCB RGB Controller, and that the included dangle is for another type of controller where you need to add a dangle to it by screw taps or soldering to mate up with the lights?

I have the original {as far as I know it's the original CCB RGB Controller 5v 4 wire with dangles} CCB100D Controller, and I'm trying to be sure these lights will work with it, and that these CCB Bulbs are the same type that it uses, and that they actually have dangles pre-installed on the light strands, so I can just connect it to the controller and sequence them without having to do anything to them.

Edited by Orville

My show still has a lot of the old style CCB controllers.   I bought some of these for spares.  I opened for you to show you can connect the string unaltered to the CCB controller which already has the right connection.   IF a customer wanted to use these in a new controller they would need the dangle.   For a replacement string its ready to go. 

CCBreplacementBulbs.jpg

Edited by ItsMeBobO

I also bought several of these. The loose end of the dangle wires into the controller, and the male and female screw together. My packages had this diagram,  swhich I have wired into a Pixcon 16.

Hope this is helpful.

Jim

CCB Pigtail.jpg

Edited by Rockhammer53
spelling error

16 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

My show still has a lot of the old style CCB controllers.   I bought some of these for spares.  I opened for you to show you can connect the string unaltered to the CCB controller which already has the right connection.   IF a customer wanted to use these in a new controller they would need the dangle.   For a replacement string its ready to go. 

CCBreplacementBulbs.jpg

Thank you, Bob!  That is exactly what I needed to know.  I've got some Visa Rewards cards coming in this month, and since these are on clearance, I wanted to be 100% sure I could use them.  As I have 2 controllers that I needed to get some lights for these reward cards will get me the 4 strands I need.  Now when they come in I know I can order some replacement strands for my 2 RGB Controllers.  

I couldn't see the dangle connected on the strand in the photo, so seeing only the lone separated strand, I was worried I would have to splice it onto the strand.   Again, you gave me answer with that photo and I really wanted needed to be absolutely sure they are what I could use directly out of the box.

Thank you very, very much!  

These do NOT work with CMB (dumb RGB) controllers. When folk say RGB, I think dumb, those have R,G,B terminals.

Pixels are smart (those are Pixels) and have 3 or 4 wires

2 hours ago, TheDucks said:

These do NOT work with CMB (dumb RGB) controllers. When folk say RGB, I think dumb, those have R,G,B terminals.

The CCB100D are not DUMB RGB Controllers.  They allow each individual pixel to be controlled independently. Those CCB's are for use with the older CCB Controllers, which is what I have and Bob's photo shows they have the same connection dangle as the bad strands I have, which are all 4 wire.  And I didn't see anywhere that stated these particular bulbs were DUMB RGB, and I'd have thought it would state that if that were the case.

When it stated it works with the Original CCB Controllers, I would expect that to mean the original CCB100D Smart Controllers that were also sold with these style of CCB Bulbs.

And I don't recall ever stating I had CMB controllers, but CCB100D or CCB Controllers in my initial question and replies.  And that's why I stated the type of RGB Controller I was using to make sure these would work with it.  And that I would not have to do any soldering or adding the dangle to the strands.

Just trying to clear up any confusion, if there were any, on the controllers I wanted these for.

4 hours ago, TheDucks said:

RGB.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again for all the help and info, especially Bob for sending the photo's to show they do have the dangle pre-attached.   I just got in my new Credit Card {came in before the reward cards did}, so I just now ordered 3 of these, along with some spare 15A fuses for my controllers.   I'll be ordering another set of these when the reward cards get here.  

So now I'll have enough CCB's to actually outline my entire roof-line all the way around my home, if I go that route.   Still deciding on what and where I might use them, roof-line, ramp or ?. 

Decisions, decisions.🤔

• The topic was locked