Light-O-Rama Forums

Copy Paste Bug in S5

gsmith37064

@MattBrown

Using v5.4.0

If you select a channel level prop that is collapsed to where you only see the 1 row and select it all and copy... then paste it on another prop that has the channel level expanded, it will not paste to node 1. It will start on node 2.

Example... I copied my circle which is 50 nodes(channel level was collapsed) to the tree outline prop (channel level was expanded) to node 1. It should have pasted nodes 1 thru 50. Instead it did nodes 2 to 51.

I can reproduce this time and time again. https://youtu.be/i65xUFemlTg

At least it works for the most part, but it's still not correct compared to S4.

You cannot paste it to the node just above because it will wipe out that row if you have it sequenced. Again for it to work perfectly, you MUST EXPAND both channel level props and then copy and paste.

Edited by gsmith37064

14 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

The collapsed circle that you copied from includes a motion effect row.

Matt

Ahhh... yes it does.

Those motion effect rows will take some getting used to I see. Thanks for the quick reply back and I will remember this going forward.

Fastest bug fix ever! 👍

13 hours ago, MattBrown said:

The collapsed circle that you copied from includes a motion effect row.

Matt

Would it be possible to add a way to change the look of the collapsed channel level prop to a different color (besides grey) or something (maybe change the words from black to red) if it contains a motion row effect?

Just something to quickly identify if a prop has a motion row and it's collapsed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2020 at 8:24 AM, gsmith37064 said:

Would it be possible to add a way to change the look of the collapsed channel level prop to a different color (besides grey) or something (maybe change the words from black to red) if it contains a motion row effect?

Just something to quickly identify if a prop has a motion row and it's collapsed.

There can't be any special color coding on the left side of the grid because those colors are all controlled by the theme.

Matt