Light-O-Rama Forums

v5.4.0 Quick Review

gsmith37064

This is the list of issues that I was having in v5.3.4 that seem to be resolved.

The motion effects are AWESOME. That's all I can really say on that. I am still in awe of the ArchimedesSpiral. My spinner looks good with it!

Copy and paste to closed groups seem to be working perfectly. I will no more as I use this feature a ton.

Undo paste seems to be working perfectly. I will no more as I use this feature a ton.

Opening a sequence twice now shows the popup in front and with the wording. NICE!

Transparency on the bulbs seem to work. Wish it was a slider for just bulb 1 so I could turn it off. But this is a start and will test it more over the upcoming weeks.

The giant white box is now sized correctly and I see that it shows props that are using motion effects. I can now click okay. NICE!

@MattBrown

Thanks you for the fixes Matt!!!! Hopefully I will not be reporting anything for some time to come. 😁

• Thanks 1

I'm glad you like the new features and bug fixes.

In case you didn't notice, 5.4.0 ships with a sample sequence to demo the new motion effects. It gets installed to: \Light-O-Rama\Sequences\Samples

Enjoy!

Matt

Quick Tip.

Open the sample sequence, click on each effect and save to favorites in Motion Editor. Much quicker than writing down all the settings.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

In case you didn't notice, 5.4.0 ships with a sample sequence to demo the new motion effects. It gets installed to: \Light-O-Rama\Sequences\Samples

Enjoy!

Matt

The samples are nice. I love what you did with the spiral stuff and will be using the heck out of it. Thanks again!!

25 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Quick Tip.

Open the sample sequence, click on each effect and save to favorites in Motion Editor. Much quicker than writing down all the settings.

I am in motion editor and I see the favorite effects, but how do I save one of the samples?

I found it Phil. Missed the word "save". Was looking for it after clicking on it like the help file said. opps.

Edited by gsmith37064

The samples are a nice edition to show some of the flexibility.  I Luckily was new to pixels with a pixel tree last year and migrated to S5 so I really used a lot of the motion effects.   The thing I found the most challenging and the most fun was that the settings could make a big variation in what actually happened.  

if you check out the my YouTube channel in my signature, you can see some of the different ways I used them.

1 hour ago, MattBrown said:

Enjoy!

Matt

Can you send me the animated gif called Santa-Guitar-RevA.gif? It's not included nor is it embedded, so you cant see the whole effect. It's the zebra looking effect near the end of the samples.

greg.wayne.smith@gmail.com

The sample sequence takes advantage of the new capability of embedding pictures. You can extract the embedded pictures into separate files by going to Sequence > Manage Picture Effects. Instructions are here:

http://www1.lightorama.com/help/manage_picture_effects_dialog.htm

Matt

@MattBrown

These are some very nice additions to SE. 👍 😁

Once a sequence has been modified in 5.4.0 is it backwards compatible with 5.3.12? or is it once we modifty a 5.3.12 sequence in 5.4.0, that we can't go back to 5.3.12? Similar to 5.3.X back to 5.24 - caused an error and would not load a sequence.

As a general precaution I went ahead and backed up all my sequences to a 5.3.12 folder just in case.

I only got to go thru the What's New and test out some of the additions briefly tonight. I look forward to editing sequences with some of the new enhancements this weekend.

Thanks for enhancements.

Alan...