Light-O-Rama Forums

Request in Preview Designer

gsmith37064

Is there a way to turn off the blue dot on your props in the preview designer? I know it shows as node 1 but I would like to not display it.

If there is not, can you add a toggle feature to do this to have it turn on or off. Maybe have it as a check box option for the prop when you click modify.

Edited by gsmith37064

The location of the first pixel is so important to getting pixel props set up correctly that I don't think we would pursue this. But keep the ideas coming!

Matt

8 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

The location of the first pixel is so important to getting pixel props set up correctly that I don't think we would pursue this. But keep the ideas coming!

Matt

The first pixel will stay there as I just want to be able to toggle blue box off or on. In preview designer, there are so many of them that I can't really tell anything about my singing props.

Or if the blue box must stay, have an option to make it transparent.

I have to exit out of preview designer and play the sequence to see the prop just to tell anything.

Smaller props are even worse if you have multiple universes on them. The blue dot blocks it out and it's really worthless to try and show pixel 1.

I would even settle for adjusting the blue box size like you can do with the bulb size. Making it super small would also work.

Edited by gsmith37064

@MattBrownThis is what I mean. I cannot see under the blue boxes to see if the mid lip is lined up. And I have the screen view set to its largest setting.

If you could turn it off, I would be able to line it up and that would be great. But I can't.

Now I could redo the pixel count to move the blue box to another area. But why should I have to do that? I would then have to move it right back when done.

Nothing in S5 is easy and fast it seems...

Capture.gif

My take on this is mainly:  Who cares?  There is NOTHING that requires that a preview look at all like reality.  The only one that sees the preview is the guy sequencing.  As long as it's fairly close, it does not matter.  In fact my yard preview is not even close to reality.  Mostly related to angles.  I have a VERY odd shaped front yard so almost everything is at some funny angle.  They are not at the funny angles in the Preview, but rather squared up so pretty much everything is either up and down or side to side.  My S3 / S4 visualizations were the same way.

If you really feel a need to get them to match reality that closely, scale that prop so it's REALLY big (like the entire screen).  That way you can more accurately position pixels - and the blue dot is such a small item, that it's essentially a non-issue.  When completed, scale the prop back to the desired size.  If you are going to do that, you may be better off starting with a blank preview and only create the one prop.  Once you have it the way you want, then export that one prop.  Exit without saving the blank preview and import that one exactly laid out prop into your "real" preview.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

My take on this is mainly:  Who cares?  There is NOTHING that requires that a preview look at all like reality.  The only one that sees the preview is the guy sequencing.  As long as it's fairly close, it does not matter.  In fact my yard preview is not even close to reality.  Mostly related to angles.  I have a VERY odd shaped front yard so almost everything is at some funny angle.  They are not at the funny angles in the Preview, but rather squared up so pretty much everything is either up and down or side to side.  My S3 / S4 visualizations were the same way.

If you really feel a need to get them to match reality that closely, scale that prop so it's REALLY big (like the entire screen).  That way you can more accurately position pixels - and the blue dot is such a small item, that it's essentially a non-issue.  When completed, scale the prop back to the desired size.  If you are going to do that, you may be better off starting with a blank preview and only create the one prop.  Once you have it the way you want, then export that one prop.  Exit without saving the blank preview and import that one exactly laid out prop into your "real" preview.

It's a simple request that I would like. Just because you don't need or want it, does not mean others do not. I like my props to look as close to spot on as I can get them.

So yes this is something that I would like. Maybe it's just an OCD thing. One thing for sure is that LOR cannot fix bugs from 2017, so I doubt this will come to light anyway. Just wishful thinking at this point.

Thanks for the feedback!

In the next release, the Bulb Transparency setting in Preview Design will apply to all bulb types, not just floods and strobes. You should be able to temporarily set the transparency on overlapping props to 50% or so, and see whether they line up as desired.

Matt

image.png

5 hours ago, MattBrown said:

Thanks for the feedback!

In the next release, the Bulb Transparency setting in Preview Design will apply to all bulb types, not just floods and strobes. You should be able to temporarily set the transparency on overlapping props to 50% or so, and see whether they line up as desired.

Matt

image.png

Thanks Matt. This will come in handy when I create new props in the future and to update my current ones.