Light-O-Rama Forums

Picture of my 32 channel controller set up

Scrubs63

I am going to training in Salt Lake City later this week Wed Nov 19 to Saturday Nov 22. I will be in training during the days but I have evening free. If there is anyone in the Salt Lake area I would love to see there system and see if I can learn anything about setting up the PC to run the show.

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering just how many lights can I plug into one controller. I have 10,280 on my mega tree and just wantedto know if I can use one controller for this. Right now I am using two controllers, but would like to use the other one for my two arches.

Thanks

Attached files 164657=9499-blue tree.jpg

Good job Scrubs. It looks great. Next year when you go nuts and 200 plus channels just think of the elect. demands. Check out my website under command central for my layout. Oh By the way. This is also my first year.

martymiller wrote:

May I ask you how much your electrician charged you for this set-up? Trying to set-up a budget for what I'll spend on set-up (pre-wiring) for next year.

Hi Marty,

I sent you a PM with the cost. Scrubs63

Scrubs63 wrote:

dodgertrue wrote:

Also don't let your CAT 5 cable be against the 120 volt romex. You can get interference from it.

Hi dodgertrue,

My electrician ran the romex and the CAT 5 cable thru the same hole into my basement. Will I have interference? No one has told me that before now. Scrubs 63

RS485 and RS422 are pretty noise immune. However, typically you do not want signal lines near your power cords as much as possible.

John Woods wrote:

I was just wanting to know where you get the offical light o rama user that everyone has under their posts?

Not everyone. I still think it's pretentious. :(

Carlos Barreto wrote:

I was wondering just how many lights can I plug into one controller. I have 10,280 on my mega tree and just wantedto know if I can use one controller for this. Right now I am using two controllers, but would like to use the other one for my two arches.

Thanks

Sorry for the thread hijack:

That is a very nice tree. Are those LEDs? You can purchase a watt-meter that allows you to plug an appliance into this "device" and it will tell you how many amps, watts, yearly cost (after you input your kwhr rate). It is called "Kill A Watt."

You could use this device to see how much demand your lights string(s) would have.

Stan