Light-O-Rama Forums

Speed/fast cue

Mguinn34

When going through a fast color sequence using CCB's, They hit on cue, yet not all of them, drives me crazy when they lag in groups of 5/10 or so. Do i need to juice up my network speed or something? And how would i do that? All controllers are right next to bulbs, so not too much cord in between. Just using regular network settings and everything is daisy chained via cat5. Thanks

Edited by Mguinn34
adding

How are we suppose to answer this with such little information? Exactly how many controllers and what kind? What does your network layout look like? Are you using a director or computer? If a computer what adapter are you using? What are your network and speed settings? Is your Basic Plus license and software version accurate?

Details, details, details.

6 CTB16PC, 2 CMB24D, 1 CTB04 ELL, 3 Original CCB, 2 CCB II (2x100 pixels) 

Everything is daisy chained with cat5 starting with CCB II to ctb16pc to cmb24d to CCB to CCB II to CMB24D to 2 CTB16PC  to CCB to CTB16PC to  CTB16pc to CTB04ELL to CTB16PC toCCB

All ran by computer with the usb485. I have the Advanced license registered. 

Not sure what/where i would find speed settings. I think 57.6k under network preferences if that's right?

All the reg 16 ch boxes hit on cue perfectly. It's just the CCB's that drive me crazy. 

44 minutes ago, Mguinn34 said:

6 CTB16PC, 2 CMB24D, 1 CTB04 ELL, 3 Original CCB, 2 CCB II (2x100 pixels) 

Everything is daisy chained with cat5 starting with CCB II to ctb16pc to cmb24d to CCB to CCB II to CMB24D to 2 CTB16PC  to CCB to CTB16PC to  CTB16pc to CTB04ELL to CTB16PC toCCB

All ran by computer with the usb485. I have the Advanced license registered. 

Not sure what/where i would find speed settings. I think 57.6k under network preferences if that's right?

All the reg 16 ch boxes hit on cue perfectly. It's just the CCB's that drive me crazy. 

Can you say OVERLOADED black adapter?

ALSO the CCBs need faster speed than the ELL can handle. The Black adapter is good for 115K (set that with Network Utilities),

But you need a Red adapter and faster than 115K for the Pixels. depending upon the version. the CTB16 is also limited (unless it is a V3)

If I took a couple educated guesses on your channel counts, you have 1048 channels which MIGHT be OK if you increase the network speed to 115K.  The old rule of thumb is 900 channels on a 115K non-enhanced network - so you're pushing that somewhat (but it might work OK depending on your sequencing).  For a 56K network speed you are radically exceeding the network speed capability.  Note that you must manually change the speed on the ELLs - they do not auto-detect network speed.

Anything more and you will definitely need faster networking - either faster speed or additional networks.

So basically get the red adapter for a faster speed.

Wheres a good start to look into adding additional networks? Never thought i was pushing anything compared to most! Guess the bulbs take a toll for speed and lots of channels. 

Thanks for the help. 

1 hour ago, Mguinn34 said:

So basically get the red adapter for a faster speed.

Wheres a good start to look into adding additional networks? Never thought i was pushing anything compared to most! Guess the bulbs take a toll for speed and lots of channels. 

Thanks for the help. 

*assuming* no other changes  other than a second run of CAT5 to the first of controllers that move (the rest are NOW chained off that)

Add the adapter to your PC, the HU to find its com #.  (close HU) Now use Network Configuration to set Adapter Aux A to that com#  and set the speed up to 500K

Adding  (updating) a network to your show is pretty simple in 4.x ( I don't know about 5.x. It  might be similar). In the SE I open the sequence (must be done for each in a show): Select Tools: Channel configurationChange Controller (a button): Select the OLD controllers unit# (we won't need to change that part), Change the Network fro Regular to the new one Aux A : OK: OK

That fixed that sequence, repeat for additional sequences.

NOTE: Your ELL can not be used on a 500K network. (that might make that last CCB a pain)

• The topic was locked