Light-O-Rama Forums

My lights quit working

gmac

My show and lights have been on and working great for a week and tonight the lights quit blinking and flashing.........I checked and i have power to the controllers my pixels are working but all the led lights that are controlled by CTB16PC units aren't working and I have 10 controllers and can't figure out how all stopped working at the same time .The show is playing on t he computer and I can hear the music on the car radio but NO lights and I don't k now know where to go next .......could it be the USB485B went bad  also I'm using both cat5  ports on the unit know and have 2 feeds one to each side of the house and it has been working that way for 2 years and I don't know what to check out next........ .any Help would be appreciated

Edited by gmac
typo

20 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

Restart your pc. 

Just rebooted the computer and that didn't work any other things to try?

did a cat5 cable get damaged somewhere between the computer and first connected controller? stepped on, animal bites, ect.

20 hours ago, k6ccc said:

If you look at the controllers that are not working, is the status LED solid on or flashing?

The controllers I looked at the LED's were solid green but it was raining to hard to stay out there too long last night and check out tall of them so tonight  when I got home I started the show and   all but 2 were working again but the controller was solid green but after spraying the cat5 contacts to make sure there wasn't corrosion I noticed my LOR 50W floods weren't working and the lights hooked to that controller weren't working if I unpluged the cat5 going  to the controller from the  floods and the lights started to work now I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the floods i swapped out cables but every time I plugged the floods in the rest stopped working I don't know what to check out next and FYI i even cover my controllers with trash bags to help keep out the moisture.

By chance did you at some point download a standalone sequence into the flood?  Maybe for testing or a minor holiday?  As soon as a controller with a standalone sequence is powered up, it will start spitting out data - which will mix with what your show is playing.  Results are bad!

1 hour ago, gmac said:

The controllers I looked at the LED's were solid green but it was raining to hard to stay out there too long last night and check out tall of them so tonight  when I got home I started the show and   all but 2 were working again but the controller was solid green but after spraying the cat5 contacts to make sure there wasn't corrosion I noticed my LOR 50W floods weren't working and the lights hooked to that controller weren't working if I unpluged the cat5 going  to the controller from the  floods and the lights started to work now I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the floods i swapped out cables but every time I plugged the floods in the rest stopped working I don't know what to check out next and FYI i even cover my controllers with trash bags to help keep out the moisture.

Sounds like a breaker or more may have tripped due to rain. If you have wire cages for mini trees or something else it may be the case. I never cover controllers. I have 2 gfcis out tonight from the massive rains we got but 75% show still running.

The bad is the heavy rain doesn't affect mine as much as the drizzle.

Sorry NM- missed much of the convo due to page viewing problems.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I'd cycle the power on the controllers that aren't working and then if they still don't work, do a factory reset.  I've had a problem like this with a CMB24D once that had a green light indicating it was receiving data but none of the channels were working.  Cycling the power fixed it.