Light-O-Rama Forums

Hardware Utility not finding controller box

Speakefamily

My hardware utility isn't finding the controller box when I refresh. I have verified the COM port is correct, but it still doesn't find it. Hardware utility is version 2.0.16. Operating system is Windows XP. Red light on controller is blinking and then when I open the hardware utility, the light goes solid. Can anyone help or give us suggestions on how to fix this?

Harold

I had the same problem last week. I had to set the ID by typing it in under the create id section (left side of the screen). I'm real new at this, so my terminology may be off a bit. I set the rotory switches to 0 - 1, then typed that into the utility screen and it worked.

A couple things to try:

1) Make sure the "Max Units" in the HWU is set high enough.

2) (if and only if this is a controller without unit setting dials:) Make sure this is the only controller plugged into the computer. Do a "force reset" of the Unit ID by telling it to change "any id" to the desired unit ID. Then do a refresh and see if the unit is found.

If the light stops blinking, the unit is recognizing the PC... now you just need to get the PC to recognize the unit...

-Tim

I had the same problem on Sunday trying my unit for the first time this year. I hooked up to the 1602MP3 unit and had similar issues. The red LED would go solid but it would not recognize controller, I unplugged everything and rebooted the controller with the reset switch. The unit seemed to be waiting for commands from last year's program, once I reset and hooked everything up it recognized the controller in the hardware utility and everything is fine.

What tipped me off was in my manual there are four led lights that tell the status and they weren't making sense.