Light-O-Rama Forums

Original CCR’s

Jay Czerwinski

I have about 20 ccr ribbons in my inventory.   About 14 of them are original original and over time it seemed LOR sold ribbons that don’t match in color.  (Another 2 - subtle color shift like warm/cool white or colors are just off.).  2 more I just bout from someone on eBay don’t even look the same in day form, and the lighted colors might equally be off.   A few more of my strips had bad pixels and are not 50 long anymore.  
I am down to 12 good original CCRs in my 12 strip pixel tree.   And now one is starting to act weird.   I’ll test if it’s the controller, but some random 3pix grouping here and there on the strip seem to miss their off command and they stay on until a sequence sends something through them later - and then they are back to normal again.   Not sure if it’s the strip.    I’ll take feedback if anyone has ideas.  
But it comes to the front of my mind, what happens when the next strip fails and I can’t seem to buy any more original ccr ribbons anymore.   Will I be forced to replace all 12 in the tree to get them to match?   Maybe I can sell 10 original originals to someone in the same circumstance as me?    I’m just pondering and would love to hear your thoughts on solutions.   
Thanks for your time ,

jay

The original CCRs were LPD6803 4-wire pixels you can check the specs or if someone else knows for sure you should be able to replace the strips with WS2801 4-wire pixels.

I always replace pixels in batches so the colors remain the same. Colors can be off from manufacturer to manufacturer even batch to batch from the same manufacturer. So if you have a 12 ribbon tree make sure you order enough ribbons plus a few spares when you replace them.

• Thanks 2

What Mr. P said.  I have also found that different batches from the same source that have some color differences.

I have heard of people using (or at least trying) 2801 strips in place of the original CCPs.  I don't know if it works.

• Thanks 1

• The topic was locked