Light-O-Rama Forums

Minionsweb

Blair Melanson

Dan or anyone can you tell me if the flood lights sold by mininosweb are compatiable with all lor units 1and 2 according to there site they claim that they are. Thinking of buying some but would like to hear Dan's opinion some where sent to lor for testing thank you Blair

They work on my system.

In fact I would expect most types of these LED lights to work. I think it would be more unusual if they didn't work than to find ones that have trouble.

I posted this on another forum and thought I should also post here:

OK, I've tested the 4 par 20 36 led floods that I ordered. The colors are red, blue, green, white. The blue, green and white all fade and ramp smoothly through the whole range, however the red flood has a brightness bump at about 45% otherwise has a smooth ramp up. The fade on the other hand is not very good, the leds will fade to about 50% of intensity and will stay at that level until the lamp shuts off at 1%. All of the colors are vivid and true unlike my 100 watt floods that I compared them to, I didn't realize how poor the color was on the incandescent floods that I had been using. The brightness is comparable to the 100 watt incandescent floods but the light spread isn't the same and more led floods will be required to cover the same area. I ran all lights through a test sequence for about 2 hours and there was no adverse effect from this.

Overview:
Great Color
Acceptable Brightness
OK Light Pattern (Spread) not equivalent to 100 watt flood
Good Price
Red is only acceptable for on, off, shimmer & twinkle.
Red fade and ramps are poor and in my opinion not acceptable.

Attached is the animation I used, change the extension from .lms to .las as this is an animation and it appears the animation is not an acceptable upload.

Hope this info helps, I'm looking forward to what others find.

Daryl B.

Attached files Light Testing Animation.lms

FYI.... in my case, I had to use a "snubber" in order to get the lamps to fade smoothly, especially on the red. Apparently they are only half-wave rectified so the triacs shut off at low dim values if a constant load is not atached.

Can someone post a link to these lights? Just curious how they compare to the Wirekat ones I'm using this year.

-Tim

grump010 wrote:

Richard, how did you go about installing a snubber on these lights? I'm happy with the ramp and fade on all the lights I tested except the red LEDs.

Daryl, first determine if this is a light load problem that requires a snubber (it was in my case). Connect a string of regular incandescent bulbs or some other type of light load (non LEDs) on the same channel as your Red mininosweb lights. If the mininosweb lights start fading better, then it is an indication you need a snubber.

In that case, see my instruction on how to made a simple snubber in just a couple minutes with a resistor and a 75 cents clam shell connector from a hardware store.

http://magiclightshow.com/bb/index.php?topic=41.0

Tim Fischer wrote:

Can someone post a link to these lights? Just curious how they compare to the Wirekat ones I'm using this year.

-Tim

Tim

These are standard edison base 120 volt AC. I have some on order also.

Annalisa received hers last Saturday, and will be doing a side by side test with Wirecats, using d-light boards. I look forward to her review

JBullard wrote:

These are standard edison base 120 volt AC. I have some on order also.

Annalisa received hers last Saturday, and will be doing a side by side test with Wirecats, using d-light boards. I look forward to her review

Cool -- I'd be very interested in the results.

-Tim

• 1 year later...

Yes they are, I use LOR 16 channel to demonstrate the bulbs at trade shows and an 8 channel to test products when at factories abroad.

Just treat them like LEDs, remember that LEDs arent linear in power consumption, plan on scaling the fade/dim to a range of 5-65%.

Everything else works as expected.

On smaller bulbs in small quantities on a channel you may need to incorporate a snubber, other than that, have fun.

On another note:
Yes folks, it is that time of year.
We have the LED Pre-order specials in place and ordering is now open.

Get the deal of the year on our 5th generation Ultrabright all weather 110vAC LED bulbs, in every color you could want: wide band UV 375-410 nm, 380nm UV, blacklight purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, red, warm white and cool white.

Pre-ordering will end 5/31/2010.

The per bulb and multi bulb discounts have never been this low.
It is an average 30% per-order discount.

On June 1, we will have a 5% price increase from last years regular pricing in other words prices will be up 35% from pre-order pricing.

New this year:
1) We have added Ultrabright 18 LED 12v AC/DC MR16 Bipin 50 degree spot light bulbs.
They come in 8 colors and are brighter than bulbs with 2x the leds.
2) Also, on sale now until next Tuesday, is the new 21 LED indoor spot light fixtures that run on 110v wall warts or 12V DC - yes they are dimmable!
These have incorporated mount backets, complete with the wall wart.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

For those who want to know, yes we do group buy orders.

You can combined same tier prices in different colors to meet the price bracket discounts as well.

Pre-order information can be reviewed here:
http://www.minionsweb.com/osStore/preorder-faqs-i-16.html
http://www.minionsweb.com/osStore/preorder-faqs-i-16.html

AC LED bulbs can be found here:
http://www.minionsweb.com/osStore/spots-purpose-spots-c-1_4_43_44_75.html

12V LED Bulbs can be found here:
http://www.minionsweb.com/osStore/lighting-bulbs-c-1_4_102.html

LED Spot Light Fixtures can be found here:
http://www.minionsweb.com/osStore/lighting-spot-light-c-1_4_97.html

I used twelve of Corey’s (Minions web) LED bulbs in my display this year with no problems. I had three the year before. Only one circuit required a resistance load to dim correctly.
The first year I had an issue with one of the bulbs and Corey replaced it without hesitation. He has some great product and exceptional customer service. This year as I branch out into Halloween decorating I hope to utilize his service more. Two thumbs up for Minions Web.

- Dave

• 4 weeks later...

A reminder that the Minions Web 2010 LED Bulb
Pre-Order Sales Ends 5/31

Just a reminder to that the pre-order special on our 5th generation Ultrabright all weather 110vAC LED bulbs:

wide band UV 375-410 nm, 380nm UV, blacklight purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, red, warm white, cool white, and infrared

will end on Monday May 31st 11:59pm Eastern time

We anticipate pre-order items ship date approximately 8/15/2010.

New this year:

1) Ultrabright 18 LED 12v AC/DC MR16 Bipin 50 degree spot light bulbs.

They come in 8 colors and are brighter than bulbs with 2x the LEDs.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

For those who want to know, yes we do group buy orders.

You can combined same tier prices in different colors to meet the price bracket discounts as well.

We will apply combined tiered pricing after the order is processed.

Pre-order information can be reviewed here:

AC LED bulbs can be found here:

12V LED Bulbs can be found here:

Minions Web is a Light Alive certified dealer

We are happy to announce that we have paved the way to providing you with integrated lighting and effects solutions by partnering with Lights Alive.

Minions Web will now offer the complete Light Alive Controller series:

Firefly Lightning Effects Controller line, the Mantis Prop/Scene Controller line, and the Chameleon Synchronized Sound to Light Controller line, MonsterEyes, miniFLICKER, Chameleon Controller, Chase Sequencer, and Mantis Remote Sensors and Triggers.

We are working hard to put the entire Lights Alive controller line on the website.

Lights Alive products will begin shipping June 16th 2010.

Look for other new product announcements in the near future.

Corey

LED All weather 50°-80° spot light bulbs

Available in 7, 12, 18, 36, 50, 72, and 120 LED models

More colors than the rainbow

Minions Web / TenMen Productions Inc. LLC

Minions Web

3372 Mayfield Road

Cleveland Heights, OH 44118

P: 216 321 1199

F: 216 321 1881

Corey

See MinionsWeb LED lights, CobWeb Guns & Boomer Air Cannons at the Halloween Party Expo in Houston, Jan. & HauntShow in St Louis, Mar. 2010

sigpic230_1.gif