Light-O-Rama Forums

Setting up 2 Networks on a G3 Director

TothChristmas

Can someone give me guidance on the hardware setup for two networks.  I read somewhere that you can fry the RGB devices if not setup properly.

So i am using a standalone G3 director and out of Network port 1 I have an ELL that then communicates to the 7 residential CTB controllers.  I have to do this because some of them are generation 1 and 2.  That is all fine and dandy.

Out of network port 2 (on the G3 Director), I have a cat5 cable hard wired to a CCR II (Cosmic Color Ribbon with 2 strings from one box).  I am assuming this should all work.  This is my first year having to put the RGB device on its own network.  Anything else I am missing?  Is it safe to do this and go directly into the CCR II controller?

For programming purposes, I set the 7 boxes to the standard LOR network at 56K speeds and then put the RGB device on the Aux A Network and make sure it is set to 500K and Enhanced.   

Is this how things should be set up?  Am I missing anything else?  I cannot remember where I read that you can potentially overload an RGB device, but I want to make sure I have it setup properly.

• The topic was locked